PDA

View Full Version : are my cory fry eating??

Siamese Fighter 1
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
i have been feeding them crushed flake food and brineshrimp cube. and i dont think they are eating .can some one help . the development ive notice is they change from clear to brown abd grew a tiny bit .i lost a few babys about 5 or6.all i want to know is are they eating:help:

msjinkzd
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
how old are they? what is your water change routine? are they in their own grow-out tank?

Lady Hobbs
11-26-2007, 04:30 PM
If they are appearing to be growing and getting brown, then they are apparently eating. Do you see the flakes laying at the bottom or are they gone when you look? You might want to try First Bites fish food and see how they do with that.

My corys eat nothing but flakes. I drop in algae pellets and they don't touch it but yours may want to nibble on some pellets as well.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
If they are appearing to be growing and getting brown, then they are apparently eating. Do you see the flakes laying at the bottom or are they gone when you look? You might want to try First Bites fish food and see how they do with that.

My corys eat nothing but flakes. I drop in algae pellets and they don't touch it but yours may want to nibble on some pellets as well.

i just lost half of the frys today and i do feed them flake food but it dont get touch and and evry time i feed them i always see this white yolky substance.do any body know what this is when i clean it there is alway a dead fry under it

Siamese Fighter 1
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
how old are they? what is your water change routine? are they in their own grow-out tank?

there about 2 and a half weeks old.i clean the water once a week they are in a 5 gal.i move them today in ny ten gal in a net breeder.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-27-2007, 04:52 PM
nooooooooooooooooo!! my cory frys got eaten all of them by my leopard danio it manage to jump in to the net breeder and eaten all of them.

Tolley
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
:scry: Omg That sucks reeal bad.. Hopefully your cories will spawn again thumbs2:

Siamese Fighter 1
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
thanks :thumb: and one of my cory had spawn but i did not bother.

mitcore
11-29-2007, 04:34 AM
sorry for your loss
congrats on getting them to fry though
i have had my corys lay eggs and have never had fry

Siamese Fighter 1
12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
thanks for the support guys:11: :thumb: