PDA

View Full Version : Betta bulb frustrations

Wilred the shrimp
04-09-2016, 05:08 AM
I got 3 betta bulbs from Petco (aponogeton species or something like that). I've had them for about a week. one is fine and nothing has happened to it so far, but the other two have a lot of white filmy stuff on them and i constantly have to clean it off. (ive done it three times in one week so far). Today i cleaned them off so they are back to normal being clean again. However, i read somewhere that if they are squishy that they are pretty much dead. So now i am paranoid and i think that they are squishy. (they are definitely not as firm as the healthy one.) They are the kind that it says on the back 30 day guarantee that it will grow, and if they don't, then i can send them back and get new ones. I am quite sure that the other two are dead because i just now realized that they were the last box on the shelf of them so they might have been old stock and dried up already.

So my question is, can i send them back early and still get new betta bulbs?

Is this normal for betta bulbs?

Can the betta bulb survive the white filmy stuff without me cleaning it off?

AmazonJoe
04-09-2016, 05:10 AM
They will usually have a policy to replace with another bulb if it didn't sprout.

Wilred the shrimp
04-09-2016, 05:15 AM
They will usually have a policy to replace with another bulb if it didn't sprout.

Ik that's what i put in the post, but if i return it earlier than the guaranteed date, will they still replace it?

AmazonJoe
04-09-2016, 05:19 AM
The policy details should be on the package. :shrug:

Fish & Bird Kid
04-09-2016, 11:01 AM
I'd try returning to Petco first. My store has always been very accommodating with returns and exchanges.

SueD
04-09-2016, 01:18 PM
I'd try returning to Petco first. My store has always been very accommodating with returns and exchanges.

This would be my suggestion, also. Let them know they keep getting fungus while the other one does not.

Wilred the shrimp
04-09-2016, 07:06 PM
This would be my suggestion, also. Let them know they keep getting fungus while the other one does not.

THXS GUYS! :) i will try returning it to Petco first

Wilred the shrimp
04-09-2016, 07:08 PM

wait but if im only returning 2 bulbs, wouldn't they have to take apart a pack to give me only two bulbs? should i return all three then?

Fish & Bird Kid
04-09-2016, 07:12 PM
I'd bring all 3 in a plastic bag, explain that 2 of three were bad, and ask for an all new package, or credit if they don't have more right now. They might offer your money back or have you choose something else in place of your return.

You shouldn't have any problem.

Wilred the shrimp
04-09-2016, 07:59 PM
I'd bring all 3 in a plastic bag, explain that 2 of three were bad, and ask for an all new package, or credit if they don't have more right now. They might offer your money back or have you choose something else in place of your return.

You shouldn't have any problem.

Okay thanks