PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish Tank Mates in a 120g

Jabby
02-26-2016, 02:45 AM
I am currently in the process of setting up a 120g and I have angels as my main fish. I already have the 120g up and running with my angels in it. I was wondering what other fish I can put in with them. I know I can put cories. What else can I put in this tank. I have $130 to spend for tank mates. Just tell me all the possibilities. Temp in tank is set at 82 degrees.

Jaster
02-26-2016, 05:26 PM
I've had good luck with rummy nose tetras, larger mollys, and rams. Smaller fish like neon, guppys normally end up as food when the angels get larger. I'd stay away from fin nippers like barbs and the like. Corys do work well and bristle nose plecos are good combo. How many angels are you planning?

I'd also suggest bringing the temp down to 79-80*.

angelcraze2
02-26-2016, 10:03 PM
I love to keep tetras in my 120g community tank with angelfish. I have a mix of black and red phantom, lemon and candycane tetras in mine. I also will be adding electric blue rams as well, and noticed rams move in similar motions as angelfish , making them great tankmates. Smaller plecos like Bushynose do well with them as well, but they will eat angelfish eggs as soon as they are lain, if that is a concern to you. Also, just a head's up, my tiger plecos liked to munch the flanks of my angelfish at night when I had them, I found circular marks of missing scales, although I think my tiger plecos were getting ready to breed and were maybe defending their area. I still had to rehome my tiger plecos :(

I'm picking all the fish that are part of their natural habitat. I find they are the best as tankmates when it comes to the temperature and parameters your angelfish prefer and you can't really go wrong.

angelcraze2
02-26-2016, 11:08 PM
So, I got to thinking about habitat...if you get specific, rams aren't from the same area as angelfish, but acaras are...

I have no experience keeping these together, but looking around online, it seems keyhole cichlids and EB acaras go well with angelfish in large enough tank as well. Just to mention another option. Of course, corydoras are a perfect pick too!

luke77
02-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Geophagus tapajos, acara, clown loaches go great with angels.