PDA

View Full Version : iReef's Aquaria

iReef
01-12-2016, 04:26 AM
Size: 50gal cube with 15gallon 30" frag tank. Small sump
Lighting:
150watt 20k MH & 2 x 24" ATI Blue Plus & A150 Kessil 20k
4 x T5: Blue Plus/Aquablue Special/Coral Plus/Actinic - ATI

(Plan to add 360WE to 50gal and toss on the actinic Kessil over the frags)

Light Cycle:10am-10pm Kessil | 11:30-7 T5s (Including frags) | 2-8PM MH

Dosing:
ESV 2-Part
Brightwells Mag
Red Sea Fatty & Amino Acids

Average Temp: 77.7
Circulation:
2 x 800gph Koralia, RW-8, 240gph Koralia
2 x 425 Koralia

I really would like to just pick up two Gyre Generator x130 (One for each tank) and call it done. I don't know why I didn't make that investment at a time when it was easier.

Fish: Small Blue Tang, Red Fire Fish, True Percs, Green Chromis, Yellow Watchman, Lawnmower

I plan to add in a blue star leopard wrass in my display and probably two red corris wrasse for the frag and a Scopas or Yellow tang.

Corals:

I plan to just keep adding more and more corals haha.

I only have a 50gallon. My girlfriend and I live in a single bedroom apartment in Laguna Niguel so much bigger than this would be a pain to move when the time comes. When I end up a home owner I plan to have my own built in hahaha

Let me know what you all think

Spardas
01-12-2016, 09:29 PM
That's a lot of frag! You planning to move out by the time they get larger? lol.

iReef
01-13-2016, 04:54 AM
That's a lot of frag! You planning to move out by the time they get larger? lol.

Oh there's a lot of room and bigger sized plugs. Most of the favia, chalices, and acans are on their second frag plug now. The plan is to put the slow growing ones onto one bigger sized plug and all the quick growing one like that Baby's Breath Favia I'll probably take to the Gryphon soon and 4 piece it. Give myself 2 tiny frags, donate one to a shop, and attach one to a medium sized tonga branch in my frag tang to grow out. Eventually I want to make a bunch of medium sized display single piece rocks with chalices branches out and a few slower growing monti in the mix to sell in around a years time frame. Talking like $1k rocks. But ultimately I'll have 2 frags in the grow tank (50g) of each (Like I do now of the Mystic Monti, and some of the other corals like the leptos) and keep one mother colony going forever of each, and just keep foraging down the other ones and growing them out. I can always tie in another system here. My lease isn't up for awhile haha. I have some lights in the closet I could use over it. I need an anem tank too...

Spardas
02-01-2016, 04:40 AM
How's everything with your tank? Anything new?

iReef
02-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Hmmmmmmm.. New to the tank...

Nothing new. I did move some of the corals under the hailde to the frag tank. I need to free up some room for my favia on the right side. I think I want to make a new rack for the center of the tank and place my Acans on that in slightly lower light. I get better coloration from acans the more shade they're receiving in my set-up.

I did my first water change since 9/4 (when I moved the tank to my new apartment) and the corals have responded really nicely. I did a 40gallon water change on the system. Which was about 80% or so. It was great to see my SPS get slimy out of water, like a healthy cool should.

I did pick up a frag of Cali Tort Acropora. I've had it about 2weeks now and it's beginning to encrust the plug I placed it on.

I did also get a new favia frag. Not much new.

Just 15ml of B-Ionic 2-part and 10mL of Brightwells Mag every day haha

iReef
02-04-2016, 01:59 AM

Spardas
02-04-2016, 02:53 AM
lol, rotate pics pls, lol.

I didn't know corals can be hung on the ceiling of a tank. Impressive gluing. Look at all those frags, lol.

iReef
02-04-2016, 04:12 AM
lol, rotate pics pls, lol.

I didn't know corals can be hung on the ceiling of a tank. Impressive gluing. Look at all those frags, lol.

Dude I don't know what it is. I use Airdrop to transfer them from my iPhone 6s to my Macbook Pro and on both my iPhone and laptop the pictures are oriented properly. Then immediately when I upload them the are all jacked up. And not consistent for that matter. On the original post, I actually had to spend like 20minutes saving/re-saving the photos with different orientations. On my laptop, if I want the photos from my iPhone to be proper on here, they need to be oriented different to upload correct here.

iReef
02-13-2016, 11:18 PM
I bought a 1.5" Sixline today who's accepting pellets for $10

I also got a nice 15-20 eye Acanthastrea echinata for $10

Not bad day so far

Spardas
02-14-2016, 04:46 AM
Nice deal.

iReef
02-16-2016, 04:01 AM
As expected the 6line is a wonderful hunter.

I think the acan brain needs some more light because it's rim is in shade. I think it's going to be taken to the gryphon... It's actually the biggest coral in my tank right now... Time to cut it.

iReef
02-21-2016, 03:40 AM
I finally made my drain silent on the frag tank..

I've been real lazy in regards to getting out to home depot to quiet down my drain. I haven't really minded the water noise, it's almost comforting to know the tanks running..

But at last, I have silenced it.

Here is the picture of the durso.

My bulkhead is 1" and I didn't have enough room in the overflow box to do a typical durso. That's why I had to reduce it to 3/4" use a couple 45degrees so I could fit into my overflow box...

iReef
02-21-2016, 05:07 AM
Couldn't hear it from the bedroom, but now the missus can watch TV in silence haha. Besides the LED Fan, Metal Halide Ballast, T5 Fan, and Cooling Fans during the fan....

She loves me, but does not love two aquariums in our living room haha.

iReef
02-21-2016, 05:01 PM
So I turned off one of the 800GPH pumps and added in a 425 from a different angle. I like this movement better.