PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility

Azurescriber
12-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Would it be ok to have 2-3 angels in a 60g long? It will be planted and fake, with driftwood and stuff to break the eyeline. Will they be ok as adults if they never pair up, or should I stick to one? I'd hate to return them.

Jaster
12-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Absolutely. You could add a couple more actually. I try to stick to 10-15 gallons per adult and that has worked well for me. I have 8 in my 80 and I don't have any issues and 2 have paired up. (they're getting their own 30g soon though) that can get a bit tense here and there when the eggs are there. I normally pull those out so it doesn't stay a problem for more than a day.

Azurescriber
12-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Oh awesome. I love the look of angels in a tank. I don't think I'll do that many, since I want a reasonable variety of fish, but it's great to know I have the option. Thanks!

angelcraze2
01-01-2016, 02:21 AM
Congrats on choosing angelfish for your aquarium, I absolutely love them, as if that's not already obvious by my avatar name. You won't be sorry, their behaviour is very interesting to watch.

I just want to warn you/heads up-down the road as your angels mature-there's a chance two pair up and you will have to rehome one. On it's own, with a pair, in a 60g, the loner will not be happy if not badly stressed by the one pair. If you add more now, your chances increase that you could get (and keep) two pairs in a 60g. Or at least another 'buddy' or distraction for the pair. But who knows, maybe they will all be males.....