PDA

View Full Version : ban me for life lol

Arkie
11-23-2007, 01:59 AM
i think i might have to ban myself from pet shops lol.
i went to get only crickets, flakes and some T junctions for my filter, that was it seriously. well i saw some bubby oscars, oh so cute - i thought "well i do need to find a mate for my lonely bert"
it was at that time i should have left but no, i ask if i can get two for the price of one (i know im so cheap and too cheeky lol), but to my total suprise the girl says yes!!!!
so ive come home with an albino tiger and a red oscar. i think i did well, but there is still a quiet voice telling me that im addicted to oscars - a little too addicted- and its considering taking me to re-hab :wink2:

mitcore
11-23-2007, 02:04 AM
re hab lOL
i think we all need it
you are not alone in your addiction i am right there with you LOL

tropfish
11-23-2007, 02:08 AM
We need pics now!

Arkie
11-23-2007, 02:10 AM
just waiting for the camera to charge and for them to settle in a bit :thumb:

tropfish
11-23-2007, 02:15 AM
Sounds good! i can't wait to see them

Algenco
11-23-2007, 02:15 AM
good score! btw, have you seen the "blueberry" oscars?

Arkie
11-23-2007, 02:18 AM
no i havent even heard of them. ive only seen the tigers, the red ones and some juvenille long finned a long while back. im still new to the whole world of oscars lol

squirt_12
11-23-2007, 02:35 AM
congrats on the oscars...i know what yo mean....when you go to the pet store it is just really hard to leave without buying a fish......lol.

cocoa_pleco
11-23-2007, 02:38 AM
congrats! i keep wanting to get mine a albino friend but i just tell myself to wait for the 150g. lol

crackatinny
11-23-2007, 07:07 AM
good score! btw, have you seen the "blueberry" oscars?

You are pulling our legs aren't you Algenco?

Where are you going to put them Arkie?

Drumachine09
11-23-2007, 07:15 AM
You are pulling our legs aren't you Algenco?

Where are you going to put them Arkie?

Here is something I found about blueberry Oscars:

What are these Blueberry and Strawberry Oscars, and should I get one? - TOP
A Absolutely not. These are plain ordinary albino or lutino oscars that have been forced to live in water saturated in dye, fed foods soaked in hormones and dye. And most times have been stuck with a hypodermic needle and injected with dye. Not only is this practice immoral unethical and out right wrong, it also dramaticly weakens the fish; which if lucky will live 2 months....if you are lucky enough to have one make it to 6 months you will be left with nothing more then a sickly albino oscar, because the dye slowly loses its intensity and finally goes away entirely, this usually takes 3-6 months. The longest I have ever heard of one of these living is 1 year.

The article can be found here (http://www.worldcichlids.com/faqs/oscarfaq.html#Anchor-Ca-37007)

cocoa_pleco
11-23-2007, 07:16 AM
yep, DO NOT get blueberry oscars, they are dyed

Arkie
11-23-2007, 07:16 AM
at the moment they are in the breeder 4 ft tank (which is conviently empty :) till they are bigger, then i will hopefully try and pair one of them up with my single oscar.
and the "blueberry oscars" - i was talking to a mate and they reckon they might just be normal oscars but dyed???? maybe from japan????

cocoa_pleco
11-23-2007, 07:18 AM
alot of people dye them, however i do not know where they come from.

for a bit of color why do people dye them and take 10 years off of their life?

Arkie
11-23-2007, 07:19 AM
i dont think its worth it and its cruel for the poor oscar. im happy with my tigers and the red one..... but i ahve to stop buying anymore or ill have to get rid of all my other fish!!!!!

cocoa_pleco
11-23-2007, 07:20 AM
OSCAR PARTY!

EDIT- OSCAR PAR-TAY!

Arkie
11-23-2007, 07:22 AM
totally!!!!! :wink2:

digital3
11-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Waiting patiently for pics... Good two fer one deal by the way.

squirt_12
11-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Oscars are very cool...but i don't have the tank size for one....i think that i f i get the size of tank for one i would buy one.

PICS......i can't wait to see what they look like arkie.

2manyfish
11-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I understand completely about being addicted to oscars...I mean how can you resist that face? They are adorable fish....I would love to have more than my red one, but I don't have the room. Frankly I would like to have one of each kind; albino, lutino, red, gold, tiger, wild type, long finned too.

Any pics?? :c3:

Oh, and BTW I think it's pretty safe to say that just about everybody on this site should be banned from petstores! It's just too hard for people like us to resist the urge!!

squirt_12
11-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Oh, and BTW I think it's pretty safe to say that just about everybody on this site should be banned from petstores! It's just too hard for people like us to resist the urge!!
I am so addicted to them....i just can't go into a petstore and look around...i have to buy something or i feel bad. lol. and i will alwasy walk to my LFS during my luch break at school and buy stuff. lol. i need someone to like take my money so i can't. lol.

OscarFan
12-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Im addicted to Oscars to I cant wait to get a 125 gallon. Gotta keep searching Ebay