PDA

View Full Version : skittish baby oscars part II

kaianuanu
11-22-2007, 03:23 AM
me again my dad has lots of experience with oscars so i asked him what to do about my skittish oscars.

he told me to get rid of all the possible hiding spopts for the fish so they are forced to get used to people in their new tank. when they are friendly again give them back their decor.

is this the right thing to do??? thanx if you need more info read the first part

thanx again

cocoa_pleco
11-22-2007, 03:25 AM
thats false. if you give them hiding spaces they will come out since they know if you ever wanted to hurt them, they could hide, and eventually they will learn that you arent after them (hopefully), and will come out

Arkie
11-22-2007, 03:26 AM
if you did that wouldnt the oscars just end up really stressed?

Fishguy2727
11-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Yes, that would stress out the oscars. For some it would quicken the acclimation, but for many it would just stress them out.

TowBoater
11-22-2007, 05:00 AM
Ditto on that. Stress added would be the worst thing for him at this time. I know I could pet my severum and when I moved my stuff around, it was a month before he would even eat out of my hand again.

Arkie
11-22-2007, 05:03 AM
i think the poster should just be patient, the oscars should come out when they feel its safe:c9: