PDA

View Full Version : Repashy Superfoods

Triton
11-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Hey guys,

I just got offered retailer status for Repashy Superfoods!

I am placing my first order and was wondering if anyone had any special requests.

Here are the types I am ordering
-Bottom Scratcher
-Community Plus
-Grub Pie
-Meat Pie
-Morning Wood
-Red Rum
-Shrimp Souffle
-Soiolent Green
-Spawn & Grow
-Super Green

There are also Salt water types I can order on special requests.

These will be sold at MAP (minimum advertised price) which is set by the manufacturer - meaning it will be the best price out there

Slaphppy7
11-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Cool!....I need to look into these different ones and do a little reading

Triton
11-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Let me know sir :)

They are probably one of the best types of fish foods out there

SueD
11-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm interested in trying this food also. What is the size of the product you'll be offering? I'd prefer a smaller amount rather than larger to start with.

Triton
11-11-2015, 04:23 PM
http://tritonfreshwateraquatics.com/repashy/

I'll be ordering 3oz - 12oz unless someone wants a bigger one.

Boundava
11-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Let me know sir :)

They are probably one of the best types of fish foods out there

I have to agree, I love the stuff and just started to incorporate it into their diets. It is so easy to make and though some varieties smell more than others-it doesn't linger and the foods are super easy to make (yes I know I said it twice-but they are), I can make shrimp souffle, morning wood, community, and grub pie within 20 minutes. It takes more time to boil the water than it does to measure and mix the food up.

I just tried a bunch of them and my fish and shrimp :1luvu: them-they swarm it like they haven't eaten all week! I got some of the Grub Pie for my turtle, he is not a fan, definitely a work-in-progress.

I have been wanting to try the soilent and super green foods and the bottom scratcher. What sizes are you going to carry?

EDIT: I see I was too slow and Sue beat me to asking on sizes. Glad you are going to offer the 3 ox, its is a good "try me" size.

Triton
11-11-2015, 05:00 PM
i am typically gonna carry 3oz, 6oz, 12oz but I can order the 2.2lb and 4.4lb when I am restocking based on special requests

Triton
11-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Just placed the order, here is a great video on the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3TTKYyb4C4&list=PLby5yv00rWaUzedmKeoIgzVOaUMEwOn9h&index=4

Triton
11-19-2015, 02:43 PM
Wanted to share a few of the best "mold" designs I've seen / heard of with you guys

My favorite - egg crate on top of plastic - once the stuff gels up, you pop it out of the egg crate and have perfect size cubes to feed the fish with

Few others:
-for the upper level fish - take some cotton yarn and lay it in a small petri-dish and fill it up, once it gels you hang the yarn from the top of the tank and your fish can pick at it all day
-for a natural look - use rough (fish safe) rocks, pour the mix over the rocks and place in the tank when done, fish will treat it like it is a natural algae

Boundava
11-19-2015, 03:16 PM
What I am going to do for the upper level fish/otos is to take the plastic canvas knitting sheets, cut them into strips or discs and add a hole so I can use the suction cup with plastic hooks I have dozens of. Then I am going to paint the gel on the sheet and once set, pop in as needed and I can put then where I want in the tank.

43687 43688

Triton
11-19-2015, 06:05 PM
I was looking at having a suction cup with a 3D printed attachment and the 2oz plastic cups. The cost of them ended up being a bit more than I was hoping, they'd end up having to be sold for $3 each or so.

Boundava
11-19-2015, 06:43 PM
I saw somewhere they had some ceramic discs you could suction to the side or place on the substrate, but never really found them for sale.

Triton
11-19-2015, 06:47 PM
yea, not many people provide stuff to go along with the repashy, The egg crate idea will probably be my go-to

Triton
02-01-2016, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IvD8oxHHQ

Slaphppy7
02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Which corys are those, they're gorgeous

Triton
02-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Venezuelan cory

Slaphppy7
02-01-2016, 02:41 PM
The bronze cory, Corydoras aeneus ?

Triton
02-01-2016, 02:42 PM
no, they are Venezuelan corys lol -that's the name :p

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=716

Boundava
02-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Very nice cory-now Matt wants those too! :14:

Slaphppy7
02-01-2016, 02:50 PM
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/corydoras-aeneus/

According to this, Corydoras venezuelanus is a synonym for bronze cory (?)

Triton
02-01-2016, 02:54 PM
From research i've done, and talking to Julian Dignall, it is a matter of research not being completed, similar to the L333 plecos covering multiple species

Slaphppy7
02-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Gotcha...gonna sell me some, whatever they are?......:hmm3grin2orange:

Triton
02-01-2016, 03:32 PM
once i get some fry sure :)

Slaphppy7
02-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Excellent!

angelcraze2
03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Just tried these Rephasy foods and I am a big fan! I see this is a slighly older thread, and I actually had the stuff for while, but I just tried it tonight.
This is what I tried, how and the result:

Grub Pie
Three out of four leopard geckos loved the gel cut into small strips (like the body of a cricket)
I accidentally made too much grub pie, and the remaining mixture was more of a slurry than a molded piece. So....I thought, would my angelfish juvies like them? They went ape-s*/t!
So I read all the way through Repashy's review on 'Grub Pie' and it says it's even great for fish and that they are getting their own grub pie marketed for fish (if they haven't already) So, I tried the adult angelfish and all but one devoured the food from my fingers. My tetras cleaned up any stray little pieces with great enthusiasm. My EB rams loved it too, but I'm going to limit how much these fish eat of it due to the high protein content.

Spawn and grow
Then I remembered I had Repashy 'spawn and grow' powder. I have two-day old free-swimming angelfish fry, so I just sprinkled a bit of powder on the surface of the water, and I saw them eating it as it sank slowly.

With all the vitamins included, and how far along this food goes, (bang for buck) especially if you are breeding young fish/amphibians/geckos....whatnot, it seems like a great thing!

I'm going to test to see if behavior changes in the adult angelfish, if I notice any speed in growth in fry and juvie angelfish, and test the results for my leopard geckos.
I need that ONE Leo to eat it! She's the one I wanted to eat it the most, and ironically she lacks so much hunting skill that I feed only her crickets with tweezers. Arrg.

If anyone had any pointers on coaching Leopard geckos to eat a new food, PM me! Pls!

Triton
03-13-2016, 02:05 PM
Becareful, the reptile versions are not the same formulas as the fish, it is not recommended to mix

Don't feed as a powder, the stuff expands somewhat and can cause issues

angelcraze2
03-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Ok. Thanks for the heads up. I was just going by what I read on Repashy's site, but maybe I could compare the ingredients myself. I saw it had copper in it-Yikes, but I've seen copper in NLS foods, even the crustacean formula. You're right, it should be advised not to use the reptile versions for fish though. Thanks for adding that!

angelcraze2
03-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Don't feed as a powder, the stuff expands somewhat and can cause issues

I originally bought the "spawn and grow" fish formula for my EB ram fry. They are so tiny and very hard to feed. How should I feed "spawn and grow" formula to fry?

Like usual, all the angelfish fry went missing one day. I don't know if the food killed them or the parents are them again.

Triton
03-24-2016, 07:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEAL21ekes

Check out beginning of my vid

Slaphppy7
03-24-2016, 07:10 PM
Sweet!....what are those?

Triton
03-24-2016, 07:11 PM
the tiny fry are enterochromis paropius

Slaphppy7
03-24-2016, 07:11 PM
Off to Google....

angelcraze2
03-24-2016, 07:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEAL21ekes

Check out beginning of my vid

Your fish room is awesome! Wow. I saw some fry at the beginning eating something off the bottom of your HOF breeder box. We're they just eating the Repashy food off the bottom? You prepared it into a slurry? The fry I'm dealing with are much smaller than those little guys though.

angelcraze2
03-24-2016, 07:19 PM
INGREDIENTS for Grub Pie (fish formula): Insect Meal, Dried Seaweed Meal, Coconut Meal, Ground Flaxseed, Stabilized Rice Bran, Dried Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Dried Kelp, Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Taurine, Watermelon, RoseHips, Hibiscus Flower, Calendula Flower, Marigold Flower, Paprika, Turmeric, Salt, Calcium Propionate and Potassium Sorbate (as preservatives), Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Manganese Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Copper Methionine Hydroxy Analogue Chelate, Selenium Yeast. Vitamins: (Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-Polyphosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Beta Carotene, Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex).
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein min. 40%, Crude Fat min. 12%, Crude Fiber max. 15%, Moisture max. 10%, Ash max. 12%, Calcium min. 1.5%.

Everything is identical on the reptile version, except the first ingredient is Black Soldier Fly Larvae Meal instead of general insect meal in the fish formula.

Triton
03-24-2016, 07:25 PM
I make small cubes, following the directions (boiling water 3:1 ratio to powder) and they can eat on the cube all day

angelcraze2
03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Thanks for that. I just really don't know how to get small fry to eat off a cube, or even of the bottom, guess I'm talking about angelfish fry in a planted tank with parents in particular, how would I feed them Repashy foods then?

I was letting the powder pieces dissolve individually, I need small bites like that.

Maybe if I jerky it and crush?