PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

keithw283
11-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I found this in my tank the other day and I do not know with 100% certainty what it is. Is it a bristleworm? Or maybe a Brittle Star?

Surfdog
11-10-2015, 10:26 PM
If your talking about the black object sure looks like a star to me. I like the sponge growth as well [emoji12]

keithw283
11-12-2015, 10:28 PM
If your talking about the black object sure looks like a star to me. I like the sponge growth as well [emoji12]

I also thought brittle star. It looks like it branches off. The past few times I went to the LFS I feel like I have been getting some bad info but I am fairly new to the hobby so I wasn't sure. He called it a medusa. That is a worm, correct? That looks nothing like this. Also, isn't it the final stage of the Jellyfish life cycle. This place is the only place around other than Petco and the quality of the fish is great and the info is definitely better than Petco but I don't know if I want to continue going there if I'm getting bad info.

showmebutterfly
11-13-2015, 01:54 PM
I think it looks like a brittle star. I caught a glimpse of one in my tank a while back. Haven't seen it since. Good for you that you managed to get a pretty good picture of yours. :)

Surfdog
11-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Medusa worms are as harmless as bristle worms, but it still looks like a brittle to me. All 3 are great unseen cuc and can be ignored. Just don't touch them with your bare hands! 😉