PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing tropical fish

nigel123
07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
hi, can anyone help please we are all new to this. we where given an 10 gallon tank. ok, we have a filter, heater and have treated the water. we have decided to leave the pump running for about a week before we put any fish into it. we have brought plastic plants for the tank and have a few orniments in there. it's looking quite nice at present. the only problem is we are not sure which fish to put in it. i hope someone can help as this is my wife's little project and if all goes well i am hoping to buy her a larger tank in the future. (sorry about any bad spelling).

William
07-31-2006, 03:07 AM
Don't worry about the spelling.

There are a long row of fish you can choose between.Suitable beginner fish includes livebearers such as guppy, platy and swordtails as well as betta fish, gouramis a number of barbs such as they cherry barb and some catfish.

nigel123
07-31-2006, 03:23 PM
thankyou for the quick reply we are also thinking of a algue eater but are not sure if we shoulder get a algue eater or just get the algue tabs. what do you think.

William
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Algea eaters are a much better choice as least if you wnat to have plants in the tank.