PDA

View Full Version : Pictures In Articles

elGatoNegro63
11-20-2007, 06:41 PM
I think that it would be a very good idea; and very helpful if the submitted articles would include a picture of their subject matter: at least whenever this is possible. This will give the novice hobbiest (such as myself) a way of making a connection visually between what is being said, and what we are supposed to be learning.

An example of this would be if your are talking about Corys...then perhaps a small image (that can expand when clicked on), in the article would be helpful so that people can see what you are talking about. I guess this is just my opinion...but because I am so "visual", I thought it might be of use for others as well. Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,

~Erik3.8.07~
11-20-2007, 07:54 PM
i think that would be a great idea, perhaps for many of them, members here could submit their own pictures for them.

MeganL3985
11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I think something like that has to be taken up with William...but the mods would obviously know better than me.

elGatoNegro63
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
i think that would be a great idea, perhaps for many of them, members here could submit their own pictures for them.

Exactly...or at very least...some stock images. But I think that the images should be of a higher quality...just so everyone can see what they are supposed to see. I personally don't have a good camera...it takes lousy pictures. So I guess I would be disqualified right from the get go....unless I was to submit stock images that I found on the internet.

Of course, the Mods &/or Admin would monitor this to make sure that the images are of high enough quality to be included in the article...and of course...that they are appropriate pictures in that.

William
12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
If anyone have any pictures (and copyright to them) that would suit articles without pictures I would be more then happy to add them.

~Erik3.8.07~
12-15-2007, 03:56 AM
i have a couple of pics that i took that i'd like to submit, how should i submit them?

cocoa_pleco
12-15-2007, 04:10 AM
i think you send them to william

~Erik3.8.07~
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM
well how do i do that, i dont think i can add attachments in pm's so how would i send them to him?

William
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
We'll I just created the email pictures@aquaticcommunity.com that you and everyone else can use to send pictures to me. If you think they suit a particular article you are more han welcome to include that info.

I have also create the email articles@aquaticcommunity.com for sending articles to me.

This info will be on the new contact us page as well once I'll get to that in the morning.