PDA

View Full Version : Will my breeding tank work.

jpatz18
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
so i getting ready to breed my betta i have set up my betta breeding grounds i couldnt find one of those corner filter at petsmart or anywhere so i bought a "smallworld" Pump and filter kit will that work. I guess its one of those carbon ones. i got it from walmart it blows bubbles. I also have my heater. I still have to get my worms"micro" just want to know if that will work. Thanks Where the best place to get the fry food.? Any help would be great 8-)

William
07-31-2006, 03:10 AM
You can breed bettas without a filter and air bubbles but your setup should work as long as the current isn't to strong. decorate it with a lot of plants.

Turn of the filter once they eggs starts to hatch.

Can't say which is the best place to get fry food in your area but well stocked lfs and local clubs are good guesses.

jpatz18
07-31-2006, 06:56 AM
why do you need alot of palnts, just so the female can hide? should i use live plant or fake. Just new to this i didvided my betta the female jump ove they mated and i wasnt ready and they all died :(

William
07-31-2006, 01:08 PM
Live planst are best,

Plants make a good place for the male to build the nest and make the fish feel more at home as well as providing the female with hiding places. It is possible to breed betta without plants but it is harder than with plants.

Floating plants and plants that reaches the surface are good choices.