PDA

View Full Version : NewAlbino oscar

shawn
07-30-2006, 11:23 AM
My new albino oscar is about 5 inches.I have a few questions because I've never kept oscars before.What will he eat???Should I feed him feeders???How can you tell male from female???Will he be allright with his tankmates listed below on my sig???Any help would be great!!!Alex.

Full3R
07-30-2006, 04:47 PM
most of the listed species im sure will do great as for the catfish im not sure but in reference to your other questions

feeders are good but oscars should have a varied diet consisting only a couple of goldfish feeders as they dont provide the nessesary energy for oscars, earth worms, small shrimp, varied small fish, and cichlid pellets are some foods they can eat

telling male from females is hard as they only have slight differences but usually i beleive the male has more sharper dorsal fins and a narrower head, most people choose pairs by buying several young oscars at once and seeing which ones pair off but this takes time and space

Sincerley Alex

William
07-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Very good answer.

I can add that oscars will eat just about anything as long as you consider what Full3r said.

shawn
07-30-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok guys thanks for your help.You were very helpful.Alex