PDA

View Full Version : Feeding algae wafers

luke77
06-16-2015, 09:42 AM
So I try and feed algae wafers for my plecos but it seems everything else eats them up before they do. This is putting them in when the lights are out too. It's nuts.

Slaphppy7
06-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Feed more than one?...break them up into many pieces, and scatter throughout the tank

Rocksor
06-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Is the room completely dark? I can see the BGK being able to get at the algae wafers before the other plecos.

luke77
06-16-2015, 01:52 PM
It was the Geophagus that were getting them. Yeah the Room was complete dark.

Boundava
06-16-2015, 04:04 PM
I will drop about 6 of the NLS H20 wafers in the tank for the loaches and plecos, along with 2 of the larger spirulina/algae wafers every other day to make sure the plecos get enough to eat. I also have Dojo loaches, kuhli loaches, some corys and nerite, mystery, Malaysian snails and a few glass shrimp that will go after the wafers too.

I will supplement with fresh veggies about once or twice a week. Usually a zucchini or yellow squash or some sweet potatoes. My BN loves that and if the clown or candystripes do-I don't see them. My otos also love the summer squash, and the sweet potato, the BM loves the summer and winter squash (I have tried fresh butternut/acorn/pumpkin and they like that too.)