PDA

View Full Version : ocellaris clown ICK

Alex_discus
05-19-2015, 12:40 AM
So I hav the ick in my tank. I had this disease in my feshwater tank once. I know what the disease is ( feshwater) but in Saltwater I'm not sure if he way to procede is the same hee is why....

for my freshwater tank I was exlained ( on this forum ) that the ick diease ages muuuch slower at a normal temp for a sw tank, the best efficient way wihout putting any medication is to rise the temp to its almost highest point that the fish can tolerate. This causes the ick t grow muuuch faster in age thus dying quickly. ( pls correct me if im wrong) This worked perfect and within 1-2 weeks no more ick.

NOW for SW..... My fish have he ick 100% i see it and they tend to scratch on a rock, breathing is faster as well. Muti rise he temp just like a FW tank ? If yes though, up to how much can they tolerate?? currently im at 79 deg.

In my tank i have 2 clows 1 rainford goby as far as the snails tere not very tolerant to high temperature from my research but maybe thy will tough it out for a coupleof weeks. BUT my BIGEST fear is the rise in temp could kill my corals ( polyp gloves xenia mushroom ricordias long and short star gree polyps.

Thanks guys!

hockeyhead019
05-20-2015, 03:14 PM
If you have a QT use it. If you don't, now's probably a good time to set one up. Full tank treatments for things with a reef can do more harm than good. To my knowledge the ick should only effect the fish however if you raise temp it's guaranteed that it'll effect the whole tank. The last thing you want to do is try and take a short cut, or an easier method and have something die and you not catch it and nuke your tank.

Marty.h
05-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Remove the clowns and all the other fish to QT and to leave the DT fallow for 3 months is only way to cure it from DT. Ich/velvet ect cannot hurt crabs,corals,shrimp ect however they can carry it into your tank so make sure you dip new corals and QT all new fish and inverts.

Treat the fish with cuprazin in QT you can't put that anywhere near a DT as it contains copper and will kill corals and inverts and the tank will never be able to house them again.

I thought I had ich to start of with.but turned out to be velvet look at my tank log.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=119935

You will see what I have just gone through and lost in stock move fast and QT everything or you run the risk of a wipeout :(

I wish you all the best in sorting it :)

mommy1
05-20-2015, 04:56 PM
This might help you http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=41178