PDA

View Full Version : My anubia nana has bloomed again ...

mermaidwannabe
05-14-2015, 03:05 PM
One of my anubias has just bloomed. This is the second one to flower in my 20-gallon-high. The last one was about three or four years ago. I posted a picture of that one -- not sure where to find it, now.

The flower resembles a miniature calla lily on a very long stem.

Always nice when an aquarium plant flowers -- a sign of great health.

Slaphppy7
05-14-2015, 03:13 PM
That's very neat!...can you get us a pic?

Boundava
05-14-2015, 03:17 PM
I have my Anubias blooming for the 3rd time this year, (well it has a stalk right now-no flowers)thankfully this time it is out of the water so I hope it will open as the last 2 just got covered with algae and I cut them off. Send us a pic of it, is yours white too?

mermaidwannabe
05-14-2015, 08:21 PM
It's white.

Since the crash of my computer awhile back with this Windows 8.1 operating system, I haven't been able to reinstall my HP picture program. Not sure if I can post a pic right now, although I have taken pictures of it. My pic of the first one is somewhere on this site -- maybe in the gallery? It was so long ago, I don't remember. I think I may have posted it in the photo forum, and if anyone here knows how to make the search function work, perhaps it can be found.

This flower looks just like that one did.

It's like a calla lily, only the cup is much more shallow and it's horizontal.

I'll see if I can post a pic, somehow.

Boundava
05-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I just thought it would open into flowers like my aponos have been, but it looks like its flowers are more like cauliflower florets. Still very neat, wonder if anyone has gotten seeds from the flowers??