PDA

View Full Version : CHANGING COLOR OF ORANDA GOLDFISH

thelaw
07-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I PURCHASED A GOLD ORANDA WITH BLACK FINS AND TAIL INCLUDING A BLACK STRIPE FROM HEAD TO DORSAL FIN. AFTER THREE WEEKS IN MY ACQUARIUM WITH OTHER ORANDAS OF VARIOUS COLORS, IT NOW IS SOLID GOLD. NOT THE ORANGE SHADE OF GOLD BUT A LIGHTER SHADE LIKE A GOLD COIN. WHAT'S GOING ON? I'M FEEDING THEM TETRAFIN GOLDFISH FOOD, SHRIMP, AND SOME OTHER PELLETS. NO ONE LOCALLY HAS ANY IDEA WHY THE BLACK WENT AWAY.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

JOE

William
07-29-2006, 04:56 AM
that is normal. They can change colors as they mature. 3 weeks might sound like a short time but can be enough if the fish was of the right age.

MagickFish
07-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Can this happen to other types of fish to? that they compltly chance the color of their bodies and even markings, and why do they do it?

William
07-30-2006, 01:52 AM
A large number of fish species changes color as they mature and many fish species can change color and even pattern in minutes according to mood.

thelaw
07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
This still doesn't really explain what happened. I bought two almost identical fish. One changed color and the other one did not. I have seen larger fish of this coloration, which I believe are older since they are twice the size of mine, and they still have the black fins and tails with the strip from the back of the head to the dorsal fin.
Any other ideas?