PDA

View Full Version : Veil Angels vs regular Angels

McG
03-03-2015, 10:44 PM
I read in Dr Axelrod's book that veil Angelfish are "very peaceful". Has this been the case in your experiences with Angels? Up to reading this, I have always assumed that all Angels are semi-aggressive. I have both types, though mainly veils in my tanks, and recently had a not so pleasant experience with a regular Blue Angel who nipped at fins of all veil Angelfish in the tank and chased them, even the large adult Angel, until I removed him from the tank and placed him into another tank that houses 2 Gouramis. There, he settled down, and the veil Angels went on peacefully in their original tank, hopefully soon regrowing their veil fins after he had had his time with them. (I put some Stress coat + into their tank.) I have another regular fin medium-size black Angel in yet another tank sharing it with a Beta and a Gourami, and they are getting along great.

My question is: have you had better experiences with veil Angels as far as aggression vs regular fin Angels?

luke77
03-03-2015, 11:31 PM
No here's the deal with angels. Their cichlids and you just don't know what kind of personality they will have. In my opinion it doesn't matter if their standard or veil or super veil. Just depends on the fishes attitude.

adamlafrance
03-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I've got two veil angels and they do get along well most of the time but they most definitely have their moments where they do NOT want to be anywhere near each other. When they do get in moods like that, they'll often nip at the "veils"