PDA

View Full Version : Angels and Bolivian Rams

KaylNeko
02-24-2015, 09:21 PM
One of our tanks is a 46 gallon bow front. It's about medium planted (was much heavier before I went and trimmed up a bunch, currently looking for a good bushy foreground plant, but I digress), Eheim 350 canister and Aqueon 30 hob, sand substrate, bit of driftwood.

It's currently home for 2 young angels, 8 albino cories, 8 Cherry Barbs, 5 Black Neons, 2 SAEs, and a Bristlenose Pleco.

The angels (Sharkbait and Roadblock--there are definitely stories behind the names) have decided they are the only angels allowed in the tank. Which my housemate, whose tank it technically is (I just take care of it!) got a bit pouty about, as she wanted one of the yellow calico ones.

Which led me to look into Bolivian Rams, as I've wanted one for a while, and they're the right color for her. Everything I read indicates they get on all right with angels since they occupy two different niches and have two different body types. So I'm going to do at least one, I think. My numbers have been a steady 0, 0, 10-20 on the API test kit for a good 6 months, so I think I'm good on the stocking level. (Plus, more plants coming now that I've thinned out what was there and can see where I can/need to add more).

So, actual questions... Am I correct in my assumptions, and could I do a pair of rams? Or would just one be best, territory and stocking rate wise?