PDA

View Full Version : pea puffer...same as dwarf puffer???

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 08:32 PM
is a pea puffer the same thing as a dwarf puffer??? i am just making sure becasue i just called my LFS to see if they had any dwarf puffers and they said 'no' all that they said they had were 'pea puffers' so i just want to make sure that they are the same thing.

thanks.

Rue
11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Same thing...

...always double check using the scientific names. There's only 1 scientific name per species, whereas there may be many common or local names...

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 08:40 PM
ok..thanks Rue...i just didn't want to go there and then buy it and find out that it is a totally different thing. thanks.

i will call up the LFS right now and ask how many pea puffers that they have.

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 08:43 PM
so i just got off the phone with the LFS and they have about 20 "pea puffers" so i think that i am going to be good if i go in tomorrow to get 3. Hopegully my mom will take me tomorrow.
lol.

YaYgoldFish
11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Woah your cycle was fast! Goodluck with the puffers!

Rue
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Good luck with them! Take lots of pictures...

BTW...I've been feeding mine shrimp in between snails...

Mysis and pink first, and then brine...apparently brine are the least nutritious...

...the pink are a bit big, but crunchy...I hope that helps keep their teeth in shape too...

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Good luck with them! Take lots of pictures...

BTW...I've been feeding mine shrimp in between snails...

Mysis and pink first, and then brine...apparently brine are the least nutritious...

...the pink are a bit big, but crunchy...I hope that helps keep their teeth in shape too...
wow...thanks for all of the info Rue....yeah i was planning on getting a bunch of ghost shrimp to feed to the aswell. Get about 12 of them and just let them roam until they get eaten. I have brine shrimp. and i have blood worms.

the P...yeah i majorly seeded my tank so it was fast...it took about 8 days to get there....and i also added live plants and feeder comets to speed it up.
when i first got the tnak i immediatly took the 10g filter and put it onto my 33g ad let it run for 24hrs. and then i hooked it up to the 10g and then i took the filter media out of the 33g filter (well 1 piece) and squished all of the crap out of it into the 10g tank and let the filter suck it up and let some settle into the gravel. So it was fast.