PDA

View Full Version : what all can i add???

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
well as you know i am going to be getting 3-4 dwarf puffers...now i don't want them to be the only thing in the tank so i want to get something else to go with them.....i don't really want to get some otos. cause i want to get some for my 33g (after i get rid of my giant pleco). But the thing is...i like the spotted raphael catfish but they get way too big for a 10g...so whats something like a spotted raphael that i can put into the 10g puffer tank???

thanks

P.S.
It wouldn't matter if it was a free swimming (eg. rasbora) or a bottom feeder.
and i know that it is hard to find fish to go with puffers.

squirt

gem
11-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Honest opinion??? Bamboo Shrimp. I don't think I would put any other fish in with them. I saw a tank set up with dwarf puffers and bamboo shrimp once. It was kind of neat.

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah i know that they can't go with alot of stuff becasue they will eat them...but at my lfs they have a rock shrimp...could i add that???

gem
11-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm IME a "Rock Shrimp" is SW. They may be selling a different type of shrimp and calling it "rock shrimp" for lack of a better or known name for it. LFS do this all the time. Often the suppliers don't actually give the correct name. And sometimes they just don't sell under what they really are so they are given a name that makes them sound more appealing. Though "rock shrimp" sounds rather dull actually. LOL I'm sure even the SW "rock shrimp" which lives off the coast of Florida and makes a very nice chowder btw....has a correct name. I suggested Bamboo shrimp because they are fairly easy to keep, get large enough that the dwarf puffers won't bother them, and have no pinchers so they won't make a meal of the puffers.

YaYgoldFish
11-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Rock shrimp = bamboo shrimp.

gem
11-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Well,......there you go!

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 05:26 PM
ok...thanks. yeah i think that i will get soem of them....thanks for all fo the help.thumbs2: