PDA

View Full Version : what?

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
one of my bronze cory got stuck inside one of my drift wood .i ignored him for about an hour thinking he can get out i look at him again and he was still stuck . i decided to get him out so lifted the drift wood he did not move and then a saw a small snail on the drift wood i ignored it.i thought it was something else i broke open the drift wood the cory was alive and hid .
then i looked at the plants and saw a small snail again how did it get there i have not put any snails on that tank.the snail is small tha shell is see through and its round i will post a pics soon.how the hell did it get there and how did it survive i have a chinese algea eater which eats snails i think.

Lady Hobbs
11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Could have been on the driftwood is if fairly new. Any plants in the tank? I got a few snails from some swords I planted. My loaches ignored them! When I see them on the glass, I just pop them. Neat.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
the drift wood is 3 month old and the plants are about a month old . i want to keep the snail .the plant are not even aquatic.they cost £8 3 non aquatic plants why did they sell them.if there non aquatic how the snail got there

YaYgoldFish
11-17-2007, 03:16 PM
snail can live in and out of water so probably they were in the plants and you JUST saw them while they've been there whole month. Your fish will probably have it for lunch.

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 03:19 PM
have you got any new fish recently???

whent he LFS person was scooping your fish...they could have scooped up a tiny snail and you just not noticed...

but yeah...most likley you have had the snail for a while and just havn't noticed.

do u know what kind it is??

gm72
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Be careful with snails. Uncontrolled they will infest your tank rather quickly. Trust me, I know.

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Be careful with snails. Uncontrolled they will infest your tank rather quickly. Trust me, I know.
same here....i started out with 2 ramshorn snails and now i have about 50-100 of them....they multiply FAST.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 05:43 PM
have you got any new fish recently???

whent he LFS person was scooping your fish...they could have scooped up a tiny snail and you just not noticed...

but yeah...most likley you have had the snail for a while and just havn't noticed.

do u know what kind it is??

no i have not added any new fish. the snail looks like a Colombian Ramshorn Snail .its to small to identify

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 05:44 PM
the snail looks like a Colombian Ramshorn Snail .its to small to identify
thats the kind that i started with.....so if you do not want them to multiply i would get rid of it.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 05:51 PM
dont worry i got back up

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 05:53 PM
o hahahaha....what kind of loach do you have??? or well atleast tha is what i think you mean by back up?

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 05:57 PM
o hahahaha....what kind of loach do you have??? or well atleast tha is what i think you mean by back up?
i got a spare 10 gal.if it got out off hand i place them there.:ezpi_wink1:

squirt_12
11-17-2007, 06:21 PM
o...ok...lol...well you could simply buy a loach and they will be gone before you know it. lol.

Siamese Fighter 1
11-17-2007, 06:26 PM
thanks for worrying.lol