PDA

View Full Version : my gibbi pleco has stopped eating and is digging up the gravel, help

freddiefrog
01-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Hi, my large gibbi pleco around 14 inches long has stopped eating and has started digging up the gravel. he is usually a big eater of mushrooms, cucumber or zukini. the water quality is good and the temp is also great. About 3 months ago he/she moved into a bigger 450 lit tank with his pink gurami buddies and they are fine. I am a bit worried as its been a week and will not touch his favourate mushroom treat this weekend. Is the fish broody? any ideas?

Cliff
01-10-2015, 08:19 PM
He could be acting out, it's hard to say

What exactly are the water parameters ? What size tank is he in ?

Have you changed anything in the tank ?

Rocksor
01-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Is this a common pleco? My common pleco quit eating veggies after some time, and would only take regular pellets, not even veggie wafers.

Check the water first.

talldutchie
01-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi, my large gibbi pleco around 14 inches long has stopped eating and has started digging up the gravel. he is usually a big eater of mushrooms, cucumber or zukini. the water quality is good and the temp is also great. About 3 months ago he/she moved into a bigger 450 lit tank with his pink gurami buddies and they are fine. I am a bit worried as its been a week and will not touch his favourate mushroom treat this weekend. Is the fish broody? any ideas?

Behaviour is consistent with one who's craving some more protein. Feed some thawed seafood.