PDA

View Full Version : Feeding cories at night?

kurly
11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I read somewhere online (I don't remember where) that cories are nocturnal and should be feed at night. I have never heard that before. Are you supposed to feed cories at night or during the day?

smaug
11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I have 11 asstd cories,they do not seem to have a preference for day or night.They are always grubbing about trying to find something to eat.If you have other bigger fish in with them and you want to assure the cories are getting enough food its not a bad idea to feed them at night,but not neccesary.

Lady Hobbs
11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I always drop in some pellets when the lights go off. Not sure as it's necessary but the featherfin comes out at night and the corys seem to be more active at night so that's the schedule I feed them.

kurly
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I do notice that when I feed them in the daytime, my shrimp will rush over to try and eat some of their food. The cories usually all gather around it but they do let the shrimp in sometimes. I guess I really shouldn't worry about it because all of my cories are eating well and getting their share of food. Just thought I would ask just in case I was doing something wrong by feeding them in the day.

Lady Hobbs
11-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I just cleaned my firemouths tank that contains some corys and pulled up about 6 rotten, moldy pellets so guess no more pellets will go in that tank at night.

markbob
11-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I feed mine while the light is on when I get home from work and they all gather and pounce on the pellets as soon as they realize they're in there. The cardinal tetras occasionally find their way in the fray.

zackish
11-16-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know about that but I feed my cories at night just so my other fish won't take their food.