PDA

View Full Version : 10 Gallon Killifish Tank?

fishnerd1230
12-08-2014, 11:48 PM
I am thinking about starting a 10 gallon tank and I would like it to have some killifish in it.

I have never kept killies before so I definitely need to get as much advice as possible.

What kind of killies could I put in a 10 gallon? How big would they get? How many should I get? Should they be the only fish in the tank? If not, what companions would be suitable?

I would really appreciate your help with all of this, because I don't want to get this wrong. I also need advice on the technical things such as pH, water levels to look out for, etc.

Thank you for your time!
- S:goldfish:

fishmommie
12-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Not sure what type of killi you're looking for but here's a link to the golden wonder. I think it answers most of your questions. There are other types of killis, however so you might want to google them.
I'm not sure if anyone on the ac keeps killis so maybe this will help
http://www.aquariumlife.net/profiles/golden-wonder-killifish/100195.asp

I am thinking about starting a 10 gallon tank and I would like it to have some killifish in it.

I have never kept killies before so I definitely need to get as much advice as possible.

What kind of killies could I put in a 10 gallon? How big would they get? How many should I get? Should they be the only fish in the tank? If not, what companions would be suitable?

I would really appreciate your help with all of this, because I don't want to get this wrong. I also need advice on the technical things such as pH, water levels to look out for, etc.

Thank you for your time!
- S:goldfish:

ratsmax
12-18-2014, 06:12 AM
Golden wonder killifish get about 4 inches so they wouldn't work in a 10 gallon. That being said there are many small killifish out there but they are very rare so you will need to order online if you really want them. Here is a link that might help. http://www.killi.co.uk/species.php

steeler58
01-05-2015, 06:18 PM
Normans Lampeye Killifish or Aplocheilichthys Normani are a neat little killifish that stay small enough that you could keep a school of 8-10.