PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish names

Skullz
11-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Still struggling to think of a name for my lovely own Angel, however thought of asking other Angel keepers. How do you name your Angels?
What names have you given to your Angels?

fishmommie
11-19-2014, 02:49 PM
I have 1 angel. A marbled blue Philippine pearl scale.

Naming her was easy. Pearl :o)

showmebutterfly
11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
She is beautiful! I love her coloring.

Skullz
11-19-2014, 08:23 PM
She is Very nice.

Thinking I will call mine Sparkle. Or maybe Silver.

showmebutterfly
11-19-2014, 09:13 PM
Very pretty!

fishmommie
11-20-2014, 03:34 PM
very pretty angel! I like Silver :o)

Boundava
11-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Silver is pretty, and she is a pretty angel too. Or if she adds sparkle to the tank...than she has really earned her name!

I usually name my fish either on color or personality. My one clown pleco is chocolate colored and has always be on the wide side so I called her Mars, when I got a second one she was very thin and straight so to stay in the candy theme I called her/him Twix. My albino BN was always hiding in his cave cause he was always guarding eggs so I called him Ghost-that and he is an albino. I had 3 gold Dojo loaches and one was exceptionally large so I called her Chunky Monkey-so naturally the other two had to be Ben and Jerry. Then when Chunky died I got another who would go in the most peculiar positions so she is Houdini (didn't know it was she until she ballooned in size to rival Chunk Monkey!) Got another green phantom pleco (last one died unexpectedly), my last one was Peridot-he was green and my gem. To keep with the gem theme this one is Citrine-hopefully a she and equally green!

Sometimes they name themselves thumbs2:

Boundava
11-20-2014, 06:52 PM
oh and are those emperor tetras in there with her? Lover her vertical lift, she is silly!

Skullz
11-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Yep, Silver is with the Kerri Emperor's. Brought 10 at the same time as Silver. She ate two, another jumped out. All during the first night. Sincethen, she's been well behaved, hasn't even shown interest in the two juvie Lemon Tetra's when they was Fry. Still does not.

rebecca_finny
11-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Silver and Pearl are stunning! :1luvu:

McG
01-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Gorgeous Angels you've got there!
These are my Angels: Goldie, Demon and Sparkles. I need to learn to take better pics though :ssmile:

fishmommie
01-18-2015, 12:48 AM
nice :o) ,,,,

RiversGirl
01-18-2015, 04:05 PM
I usually name my fish either on color or personality. My one clown pleco is chocolate colored and has always be on the wide side so I called her Mars, when I got a second one she was very thin and straight so to stay in the candy theme I called her/him Twix. My albino BN was always hiding in his cave cause he was always guarding eggs so I called him Ghost-that and he is an albino. I had 3 gold Dojo loaches and one was exceptionally large so I called her Chunky Monkey-so naturally the other two had to be Ben and Jerry. Then when Chunky died I got another who would go in the most peculiar positions so she is Houdini (didn't know it was she until she ballooned in size to rival Chunk Monkey!) Got another green phantom pleco (last one died unexpectedly), my last one was Peridot-he was green and my gem. To keep with the gem theme this one is Citrine-hopefully a she and equally green!

Sometimes they name themselves thumbs2:

You come up with terrific names!

adamlafrance
01-18-2015, 11:06 PM
While I've used most of my favorite names on previous fish owned, I went with simple names for the two angels I have now. The girl is 6, and the male is 7. I also have 6 corys who we call the mafia, and some ghost shrimp that we call the pit crew.