PDA

View Full Version : Quick update on my firemouths

Lady Hobbs
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Everything is going splendidly! Big Girl chased Little Boy for about one day is all. I ended up putting my corys in the tank to see how they'd do and they are fine as well as the algae eater and the giant danio's.

Big Girl still remains in her cave all day but is out all night. All the cichlid pellets are gone by morning so I know she is eating well but I am going to start feeding her at night when I feed the corys so her food is fresher. At daytime feedings, Little Boy is right there to eat but she does not come out of that cave until dark.

I've given her a night light. :c3: At least I can observe her a bit myself but I do wish she was more active during "viewing" hours. I am surprised she is so good with the corys. They crawl right in her cave with her.

All is well.

nanaglen2001
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Great to hear that it is going along so smoothly so farthumbs2:

Incredulous_Ed
11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Good to hear!

jeffs99dime
11-15-2007, 09:56 PM
awesome hobbs! congrats

tropfish
11-15-2007, 10:19 PM
That's good to hear, its all settling down now.

Lady Hobbs
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all the help I got and advice.......especially from Nanaglen and Rue.

nanaglen2001
11-16-2007, 05:37 PM
@ Hobbs
While I was reading your thread about that little shy Meekilady, I searched for some woods I still got on stock and watered them. One of these woods I was able to put into my tank today while doing my weekly water change. Then I replanted some of my plants. The right side of my tank is more or less ok by now.

Two wood pieces are still in the bucket, cause they still drift. When they stay on the bottom, the left side of my tank will be rearranged.

In the moment my Meekis and Sajicas still haggle about their new territories, but I guess tomorrow it`ll be all settled.

Thats an environment in which Meekis/FMs and other medium/small sized Central AmericanCichlids feel comfortable. And I didnt noticed how many "babies" those plants of mine had:ezpi_wink1:

nanaglen2001
11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
@ Hobbs
While I was reading your thread about that little shy Meekilady, I searched for some woods I still got on stock and watered them. One of these woods I was able to put into my tank today while doing my weekly water change. Then I replanted some of my plants. The right side of my tank is more or less ok by now.

Two wood pieces are still in the bucket, cause they still drift. When they stay on the bottom, the left side of my tank will be rearranged.

In the moment my Meekis and Sajicas still haggle about their new territories, but I guess tomorrow it`ll be all settled.

Thats an environment in which Meekis/FMs and other medium/small sized Central AmericanCichlids feel comfortable. And I didnt noticed how many "babies" those plants of mine had:ezpi_wink1: