PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone ID this plant?

RainbowSharrrk
10-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I've been looking on the internet and through my relatively outdated aquarium plant books and everytime I think I've found it, I take a closer look through diff pictures and realize that its not what it is at all. Just got it on monday. Was told it is a relatively easy grower, doesnt need CO2 (which my tank does not have, so I stick to easy keepers) anyway, if anyone knows, it would be much appreciated! I'd like to make sure I have it set up properly in my tank. Thanks :)

mommy1
10-22-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm not great with plants but, it looks like a type of narrow leaf hygrophila to me. At least that will give you somewhere to start looking.

RainbowSharrrk
10-22-2014, 09:43 PM
its a start! thanks! :)

DrNic
06-27-2016, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that's sunset hygro. It may be a narrowleaf version.

I've been looking for some for my 75G, where did you get it?

Boundava
06-27-2016, 05:04 PM
You may want to try and PM them-I haven't seen them posting recently.

madagascariensis
06-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Hygrophila shouldn't be hard to find. Check your local fish stores periodically.
If their selection is really bad, the local aquarium club may host auctions periodically, the local classifieds are a good place to look, as well as online sites like Ebay or aquabid.

Gogi
06-28-2016, 07:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that's sunset hygro. It may be a narrowleaf version.

I've been looking for some for my 75G, where did you get it?

This year a bunch of the hobby's stem plants have been outlawed by New York State for being invasive to the environment . You should check your state and city laws. This might be why it's hard to find. Always practice responsible fish keeping everyone.