PDA

View Full Version : oscars biting

modda
07-25-2006, 08:44 PM
i know it doesnt hurt me but does it hurt my oscars i always give my hands a quick wash and rinse before i stick them in my tank but when i am doing a water change my tiger (male) oscar more so then my red (female) sort of like plays with my hand taking nibble at it and some times has a good whack at my arm. should i worry or is he just playing

William
07-26-2006, 02:23 AM
You likely don't have to worry. There are fish Tb that can infect humans but the chances of your fish having it and you getting infecyed by it are in the millions.

modda
07-26-2006, 02:31 AM
wasnt worried about me was worried about him

William
07-26-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok. Than you have nothing toi worry about as long as you rinse your hans well. Nipping and attacking your hand is if anything a signal of health .

modda
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
my tiger oscar scared the crapper out of me this morning walked out and seen him lying on his side on top of the water lil turd was just sleeping or something cause when my missus got up later she said he is swimming around normal freaky i say. also after reading what i think it was fuller wrote about feeding them by hand i went home and had a go with a bit of cichlid block and to my surprise they came straight up and took it out of my fingers

also to anyone who was involved in creating this site thankyou and to the knowledgeable people who post here thankyou given me a chance to learn so much about the fish i have and to make me more passionate about my new found hobby

William
07-27-2006, 03:07 AM
I am really glad that you like the site.