PDA

View Full Version : Sick dalmation molly?

amber52377
01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
On Sat I purchased a male dalmation molly. At the store, he was very active. After acclimating him to my tank's temperature & water over several hours, I put him in. He was swimming around fine & eating food. Then Sunday morning, I went to feed the fish & he was upside down (still alive) near one of the plants with raggedy looking fins. What happened?!? It's a 5 gal tank, temp is around 76 degrees & only has 2 other female mollies. As a precaution, I took the molly out of the tank along with a bit of the water (so it wasn't so traumatic) & put him into a 1 gal tank with fresh water, a bit more salt & some medicated drops I bought a few months back when one of my mollies had fungus. What else can/should I do??? Please help!! I'd really like to try & save this beautiful fish

William
02-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi
sorry that i havent been around to help you. How did it turn out?

Do you know under which water conditions the fish was kept in the LFS?

William

rebelagent
12-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Im guessing the molly gals didnt take well to the male. Happened to mine. I had about 5 dalmations 2 of which were tattered in a week. I had to seperate them. I think they were getting territorial perhaps. But that seems like a big enough tank so im not sure.

fraggle
04-16-2009, 05:18 AM
I've never had Mollies, so sorry I can't help!
Hope it worked out for you.

Kyle
04-16-2009, 05:23 AM
You just responded to a post thats well over 3 years old lol

fraggle
04-17-2009, 03:28 AM
Hehehe
I actually felt like stirring Cocoa, so I tried to find the oldest post I could. LOL.
Thought I'd see how long it took him.