PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Hairgrass Mat carpet for my Pleco??

Plecos
09-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Would this Mat about 10" by 10" in size work to put on the bottom of my tank over the gravel to give my Pleco something to munch on plus still live and grow? I want to put some plants in my tank that grow with low light and feeds off the Pooo from the fish. They want $40.00 for it and say it grows in low light? Any help here or sugestions for something he can't tear up? I want him to munch on it, not me to mow it. Thanks, Mark
Looks like this;
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KrTdy36pVbE/maxresdefault.jpg

aquariumlover10
09-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Don't know, but java moss, hornwort, and some vals would do good forfast growing low lights.

Knightia
09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Hairgrass and a pleco won't go together. Hairgrass won't grow over gravel. You'd need planting substrate like aquasoil, high light, ferts and co2.

You could try moss but to be honest, with a pleco, not much will avoid being torn up. You have a common pleco right?

Plecos
09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Ya and a big one but it is the sailfish one. Pretty much put the Hairgrass out of the picture now with answers I have got from a few. Amazon Sword is what I am moving to now in a pot.

Knightia
09-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Oh I see you've posted the same question in another thread. Try not to do this as it wastes people's time when you already have your answer.

Plecos
09-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Did not mean to waste any ones time with this post? After I posted this I decided to do a Aquarium Journal on my tank instead keeping it all in one post. Now I have got some good information on the best way to do it and what plants not to use.