PDA

View Full Version : Severums?

MandyK
09-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone!

So -- a Severum or two with the current stock in my signature. Will it work? Keep in mind that I will be upping my Roseline numbers to a full school.

aquariumlover10
09-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Umm I don't know but, I would up otto, and cory schools, to 5 otos, and 8 corys, and you could get some more kuhlis too, pics of tank?

MandyK
09-15-2014, 09:13 PM

This isn't CURRENT, current. I redid the layout a couple months ago, but it isn't any older than two months.

Cories are on my list for getting more of I just haven't had any luck finding more of his particular breed.

Knightia
09-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Erm, no. Don't mix severums with angels. Sevs grow to be large, powerful fish.

I'd also question roselines with angels. Roselines should be in a school in fast, flowing water. Angels are slow by comparison so are not well paired tank mates.

Why a single cory and a single oto?

MCHRKiller
09-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Angels and Severums...it can work; largely depends on the individual temperament of your Severums as they are much larger growing than Angels.

Severums will not work with the kuhli loaches...the Severum will simply consider them a plump worm.

Severums and corydoras are another possibility...it mainly depends on how large your corydoras are. If I were to pair them I would pick a larger growing species or simply opt for a Brochis group which IME is a good mix. Also in a 6ft tank keep 20 Brochis; plenty of room for them and they love numbers

Roselines and Severums are fine, many cichlid keepers do it and have success. It is true that Roselines come from more swift flowing water than most SA fish...however if you do have good total water circulation and oxygenation the Roselines will also be fine.

MandyK
09-16-2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks for all the swift replies!!

Now don't quote me on this one but I THINK fishmommie had an angel and severum in her 90g??? That's where I got the idea from. That's terrible news about the khulis though. Uhg!

I don't see my Khulis often but they do like to come out during water changes.

Perhaps I'll just go back to my original plan with a nice school of Congos. After I get my other schools up to where they should be I'm thinking that would be a fairly stocked tank.

Cliff
09-16-2014, 12:50 AM
I think a large school of congos (12 or so) would look good in your set-up and it should work out better than a severum

But congos are my favorite tetra so I'm a little one-sided in my opinion here

MandyK
09-16-2014, 12:53 AM
Oh Cliff, I think they are beautiful! They're a really nice size too. They remind me of clouds floating in the sky for some reason.

I'm extra glad I decided to check in with my trusty fish pals before I went and bought a big ol mean Sev! Lol. :)

steeler58
09-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Plus the tanks I've seen with Congo's and Roselines look stunning! You get my vote for Congo's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GNUfdnnAf4w

MCHRKiller
09-16-2014, 02:49 AM
There are many additional cichlids which would work better than a Severum. A very classic and not often done these days pairing is Angels and Uaru. Uaru are similar looking and growing to Severums, however have a much more mild mannered temperament. Another is the boundless species of Acara or even Festivum. Unfortunately for your Kuhlies even the Angels given half a chance are going to pick them off...

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Plus the tanks I've seen with Congo's and Roselines look stunning! You get my vote for Congo's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GNUfdnnAf4w

Oh man Lee, you're killing me over here...that tank is stunning

showmebutterfly
09-16-2014, 03:48 PM
He's killing me too. I love those roselines. They are one of my favorite fish.

Tabriz City
09-16-2014, 04:15 PM
hello
reproductive power in which race from fish severum stronger?
green, red, yellow????

thankful

mommy1
09-16-2014, 06:45 PM
شهر تبریز،

من امیدوارم که من سوال خود را درک کنید و من امیدوارم که این کمک می کند.

همه انواع severums در مورد همان نژاد. مهم تر این است که نژاد قرمز تنها با رنگ قرمز، سبز تنها به رنگ سبز، و طلا تنها با طلا.

من امیدوارم که ترجمه آنلاین من با استفاده از ترجمه این پس شما می توانید درک آنچه من و گفت.

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 06:50 PM
شهر تبریز،

من امیدوارم که من سوال خود را درک کنید و من امیدوارم که این کمک می کند.

همه انواع severums در مورد همان نژاد. مهم تر این است که نژاد قرمز تنها با رنگ قرمز، سبز تنها به رنگ سبز، و طلا تنها با طلا.

من امیدوارم که ترجمه آنلاین من با استفاده از ترجمه این پس شما می توانید درک آنچه من و گفت.

That's easy for YOU to say....

mommy1
09-16-2014, 06:54 PM
That's easy for YOU to say....

Hey, I speak fish of all languages. Well, me and Google Translate anyway.

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 06:56 PM
LOL, you should have left that air of "mystery" about you....

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 06:58 PM
So what you are saying is:

"Tabriz,

I hope I understand your question and I hope this helps.

Severums all about the race. More important is that the race is red with red, green to green, and gold is just gold.

I hope I'm using online translator to translate this so you can understand what I'm saying."

And I'm still confused.....

mommy1
09-16-2014, 06:59 PM
lol, thats the best google translate would do.

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Hey mommy1,
Thanks for the gift, tried to reply to you for it, but your message box is filled up..FYI

mommy1
09-16-2014, 07:28 PM
No wonder I haven't had any messages for a couple days. You are welcome and thanks for letting me know I need to delete some messages.

Slaphppy7
09-16-2014, 07:32 PM
لا مشكلة!!

MandyK
09-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks a bunch everyone!

As for the Khulis and my Angels -- they've been together since day one with no problems at all. The Angels have never even given them a second look, of course the Angels were babies and the Khulis were full grown when the Angels were introduced to the tank.