PDA

View Full Version : Removing Angel eggs to another tank???

ganoderma
11-13-2007, 12:35 PM
i have a pair of angels in my tank that always breed. actually i have some nice photos and videos of the process....anyway. here is the situation, its a community tank, so they always only last 1 day. there are lots of suspects.

they lay them right on the glass in the corner, is there anyway to remove them to another tank, or will this kill them? like a flat razor blade and scrap them off into a bucket and place that bucket in another aquarium with the same water as the big tank?

moving any of the fish out is not a possibility in our situation :(

thanks folks!

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 12:36 PM
You can only move them (quickly) if they are attached to slate, a filter tube or whatever. You can't scrap them from the glass.

The best way to breed angels would be to transfer the parents into a tank, let them breed and then move the pair out.

ganoderma
11-13-2007, 12:49 PM
ahh figured as much. thanks. i can't move them out cause the only other tank i have i use as a quarantine tank and its too small for large angels :(

how about closing them in? is there some kind of net like thin got stick onto the sides of tanks secure them" i used to seem similar things for bettas a while ago, but they were designed for the surface.

and sorry, i just now realized there is an angel sub-forum...mods can move if they like :)

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Yes, a tank divider. You may want to line up lots of plants along the divider so the angels don't get nervous over the fish on the other side. Put them on the side they usually don't lay eggs on so they will find a new spot to lay their eggs............a piece of pvc pipe or anything upright you can put in the tank that you can move out. Angels do not make very good parents and usually will eat the eggs in a couple days.

Algenco
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
go to Lowes or Home depot and get a piece of tile (border)

about 2-3" wide 12" long. Place it in the area they like to use slightly leaning ( bottom about 3" from the glass) They should welcome it as the new spawning site and can easily be moved.

Actually the eggs can be removed with a razor blade. There is a guy on TAF II that sells eggs, he scrapes them off and ships in a soda bottle:1:

ganoderma
11-14-2007, 04:15 AM
probably a stupid question, but do people actually get them to hatch?