PDA

View Full Version : Gold Tetra's

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
If anyone is looking to get very active tetra's, the golds are awesome and are on the move constantly. I have about 30 of them and they are neat little fish and swim for their life all day long.

They swim into the water pump, fly across the tank and come back for more. Over and over again.

They are VERY hardly. They've gone thru a week or medications, high levels of salt and high heat to kill ick in their tank and even tiny ones have come thru it. I did lose a very few of these compared too the neons who all died so if you are looking for a hearty, rapid swimming, schooling fish this is a very nice tetra's.

The smaller ones are pure gold and the larger ones have this black line thru them.......male and females but I don't know yet which is which.

I'm thinking of getting about 30 more and omitting the neons from now on.

Sorry pictures are blurry but these guys go too fast to even get a decent picture.

Algenco
11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
They look like what I bought as black neons, very active indeed

Lady Hobbs
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh Oh. Now you have me wondering. Their tank was labeled black tetra and gold tetra but I saw no "blacks" and assumed these were all the golds. Now I have to wonder if the tiny all golds are the gold tetra and the ones with the black line are the blacks??? Hummmmm

Of course they didn't know at the store. LOL

OK........Just did some research. (Amazing how that works, huh?) :)

The big ones with the black strip are black neons. The all gold small ones with the black dot on their tails are the golds tetra.

These are some big neons. I'd never take them as a neon as they are much more active than the blues and swim in school with the golds.

Thank you for telling me what my fish are. LOL

Incredulous_Ed
11-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Thy look like black neons. They look cool!

lasm
11-16-2007, 03:49 PM
They look really nice.

Do you have them by themselves of do they have tank mates.?

markbob
11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you have some really nice schools Lady.

zackish
11-16-2007, 09:54 PM
GRRRR I hate you Hobbs. I saw these at my LFS about 2 months ago and wanted them so bad but my tank is pretty full. Those are the coolest Tetra's IMO.