PDA

View Full Version : just intorducing my self

modda
07-25-2006, 04:00 AM
hi am new to the forum but have been trying my hand at raising cichlids for a couple of months bought a little oscar about 4cm long to start and really didnt have the info to raise him due to poor communication from the pet shop and poor thinking on my behalf as well i suppose anyway he\she ended up with hole in the head and didnt make it through now i have a festae and 1 redoscar and 1 tiger oscar i bought the oscars as a pair i dont know if they where a breeding pair i know that the tiger oscar is a male for sure but am still unsure on the red oscar wouldnt mind know how hard it really is to breed them i have already read a bit about them on this site just wondering if there is anything i can sort of do to find out if they will breed will they naturally only pair of into ale and female or what is the go there

thanks in advance for any infomation you can give me on this

MagickFish
07-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Hi welcome, this seam to be a wery frindly forum, i am completly new myself and have gotten a wery warm welcome, enjoy.

NorthernBoy
07-25-2006, 03:03 PM
hola and welcome

William
07-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Welcome

Oscars are not the easiest fish to breed but are not impossible either if you just get a pair.

modda
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
to any of you who are interested i have a couple of mp4 videos i could upload i have one good pic but it is on my home pc and well i am at work will have to bring it in and shrink it for my avatar

i was reading somewhere not on this site but anyway that you shouldnt put a pair of oscars in with a single fish i think its quite funny because i have a pair of large oscars in with my infant well its probably nearly a teenager now i dont know the proper terms for fish but anyway its a festae and she seems to run the tank more then the oscars is this normal?? also my festae doesnt seem to be growing all that fast or is it just me cause i see them all the time

William
07-26-2006, 02:19 AM
It is nomal that the festae rule the oscars. Tehy are stronger more aggressive fish than oscars and one of my favourites.

I would really like to se the movies. Email me the movies on admin[at]aquaticcommunity.com and I'll upload them to our server.

modda
07-26-2006, 02:22 AM
can u view mp4 there not real good quality take with my pocket pc but will send them to you if you can do it