PDA

View Full Version : Bio Wheel wont spin

smokeypea
07-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi, i have a penguin bio wheel 150 filter, the bio wheel wouldnt turn at all, not even a little, unless i push it by hand, or move the cartidge filter about, then it spins and stops, i even tried a new wheel to see if that made any diffence, but it still wont move at all on its own, the bearings are clean, i raised and lowered the water level, and checked for blockages, its driving me mad, , only had this filter for a couple of weeks cos my other power filter refused to start at all, any help PLEASEEEEEEEEEE,, thanks.

William
07-25-2006, 03:32 AM
The reason for this is often that the wheel has been bent slightly out of shape. Take out the wheel and make sure that it is straight and not bent in one way or another.

smokeypea
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
ok thanks for your reply, i got it working , thank goodness, i thought i had cleaned the intake tube but i didnt push the brush all around the bent bit that hooks onto the impeeler tube, sorry i do0nt know the names , but oh goodness, the much that was hiding inside that bend YUCK, anyway the wheel is spinn ing round great now. Really grateful for all your help with my previous questions also.