PDA

View Full Version : Poor Firemouth..:(

YaYgoldFish
11-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Well I left to go to my mothers house friday and I had to go back to my dads house because i got a new fish( polypterus senegalus?) and acclimate him and stuff and when i look at the 25g, the FIRST thing i see, Is my poor firemouth`s remains...The leftover bones the fish didnt eat..I felt so bad for him, i leave for a day and a half and he gets eaten! When i put in my new monster fish my 2 kribs came ready to attack him but once they saw the whole 6 inch monster they all ran into their caves and holes and whatnot. The new guy just swam around exploring like he was alone. One of the kribs was hesitating on attacking him and decided against it. And i was hoping that if i bought in a new big fish the convict and kribs might lay low and lay off the firemouth...I guess i got there too late..

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 11:07 PM
sorry to hear about your loss. I thought that firemouths were fairly aggressive???

sorry...would you be buying another one to put in there?

tropfish
11-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Lady Hobbs
11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Oh gez......the convict got him then? Sorry to hear this. Makes you feel bad when you put the wrong fish together. My firemouth may met the same fate is he kepts bugging the large firemouth.

Arkie
11-11-2007, 11:32 PM
im sorry to hear that...... i had it happen to me a few weeks ago, i got this red devil and thought it could go with my oscar...... 20 mins later my oscar ate it. i felt soooo bad

YaYgoldFish
11-12-2007, 02:40 AM
What makes it really suck is that i had a hospital tank for him but he always hid so i thought he was unhappy in it, so i put him back with the convict and re arranged the tank..

@ Squirt: No i got this big bichir instead. Id add dithers but the bichir would swallow them whole..

squirt_12
11-12-2007, 02:52 AM
o..ok well the bichir is a nice fish.....

Incredulous_Ed
11-12-2007, 11:53 PM
well, this sucks. Sorry to hear about this.