PDA

View Full Version : aponogeton ulvaceus

aquariumlover10
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Ok so I was cleaning my tank a couple days ago and one of my aponos had two areas that leaves were comikng from but they poped off with roots so hey are kinda surviving and I planted one and one is floating but the leaves are starting to turn clear, why is it doing this? Andi was wondering if the bulb was going to split anyway could I cut it in half and get two plants from it because my cray use to chew on the bulbs and you could see white parts and they survived so has anyone done this?

Compass
07-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Not sure about cutting the bulb, it might work as this is ok to do with other plants. The two plants that came off the bulb do they have any roots at all on them? If they do then they might just be in shock and melting and could come back. At this point there is nothing you can do to save them, just leave them and see if they come back on their own.

aquariumlover10
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Ok, the plants that came off are turning yellow ish on the bigger leaves and roots are smaller but that may be from the 72 hour blackout for bba.

Triton
07-07-2014, 02:21 PM
I don't believe apono bulbs can be cut, they propagate using runners that develop bulbs on them, then break free and can be planted on their own

aquariumlover10
07-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Oh well is there a way to make them develop runners? Mine had a flower before but it didn't have seeds, do you know how to get rid of bba?

aquariumlover10
07-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Ok so I was looking at my tank last night and I noticed some floating roots so ij thought ohsome moneywort floated up and I was gong to replant so I looked at it and it is the little part they came off it has new roots and little tiny leaves on it so I'm just like YEAH now I have four plants now I need to try to replicate this again so I can sell them

aquariumlover10
08-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Ok same plant that above stuff hapen too now is growing leaves coming from 2-3 different points where they sprout

Compass
08-07-2014, 02:49 PM
Good deal, sounds like you have one healthy plant.

aquariumlover10
08-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Yup its probaly loving the light and nitrates from being in the breederbox