PDA

View Full Version : DIY CO2 system...HELP

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
ok well i am going to be making one for my 10g and i wanted to know a few things (yes i have read all of the others posts on CO2 systems)

1) how much solution would i need for a 10g???
2) how much air line??
3) does the solution always have to be warm??

Ok i think that that is all...if you have any more comments they are welcome...

thanks,
curtis

CAF
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Follow the directions in my posts complete with the link.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Follow the directions in my posts complete with the link.
alright....thanks CAF.:thumb:

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 03:49 PM
wow...that was alot of help...thanks CAF.....um...would it be okay if i didn't have one of those litlte blue things in th emiddle of the air hose??? cause i cant find them anywhere where i live.

thanks.

CAF
11-11-2007, 03:53 PM
You CAN do it without them, however I really recommend getting some as soon as you can and put them in later.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 04:27 PM
You CAN do it without them, however I really recommend getting some as soon as you can and put them in later.
alright....thanks CAF.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
ok..so i set everything up and i added the solution and hooked it up to the tank....now....how do i know if it worked????

cause i will be like always checking in on it to make sure it worked.....thanks.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 09:24 PM
is it a good thing if my solution is starting to bubble from the bottom????

CAF
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes, it will take a few hours to bubble in the tank.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 09:53 PM
well i just went and looked and it has started to bubble in the tank.

so now this brings up my next questions:
1) how long will 1 batch last me???
2) when the batch is done how long can i go without making another batch and setting it up??

thanks.

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 11:05 PM
also...how big of a container would i need to run this on a 33g????

squirt_12
11-12-2007, 03:34 AM
how long does it take before i can tell that the CO2 is working??

sorry about all of the multiple posts and questions. lol.

EDIT- also..the bubbles seem to be coming out really fast...so shoudl i buy a think that i can hook up and control the flow???

thanks.

CAF
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM
well i just went and looked and it has started to bubble in the tank.

so now this brings up my next questions:
1) how long will 1 batch last me???
2) when the batch is done how long can i go without making another batch and setting it up??

thanks.

How long it lasts depends on your house temp. The warmer it is, the quicker the reaction, and the sooner you will need to replace it. Generally it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for me.

CAF
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
also...how big of a container would i need to run this on a 33g????
On a 33g I would recommend 2 bottles placed in a week apart so you always have some CO2 going in the tank.

CAF
11-12-2007, 01:37 PM
how long does it take before i can tell that the CO2 is working??

sorry about all of the multiple posts and questions. lol.

EDIT- also..the bubbles seem to be coming out really fast...so shoudl i buy a think that i can hook up and control the flow???

thanks.

Do not purchase a flow valve regulator.... You will blow up the bottle or cause it to split.... The reaction goes fast intially and sometimes depending on the type of yeast will continue to do so.

squirt_12
11-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Do not purchase a flow valve regulator.... You will blow up the bottle or cause it to split.... The reaction goes fast intially and sometimes depending on the type of yeast will continue to do so.
ok..yeah after thinking about it i realized that it would build up in the container but i was just wondering becasue it was coming out really fast...

thanks.

squirt_12
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
ok well i was just wondering....with the CO2 system..should i have bubbles all around the tank?? or is it ok to just have them coming out of the 1 corner??

thanks.

CAF
11-14-2007, 12:58 AM
ok well i was just wondering....with the CO2 system..should i have bubbles all around the tank?? or is it ok to just have them coming out of the 1 corner??

thanks.

I have used a couple different methods of diffusion. Ideally you want really tiny bubbles that disolve before hitting the surface or large bubbles that pretty much sit there. I personally use the Hagen ladder on one of my tanks and small bubbles under the intake for my powerhead on another. I have not seen much of a difference between the two.

squirt_12
11-14-2007, 01:35 AM
I have used a couple different methods of diffusion. Ideally you want really tiny bubbles that disolve before hitting the surface or large bubbles that pretty much sit there. I personally use the Hagen ladder on one of my tanks and small bubbles under the intake for my powerhead on another. I have not seen much of a difference between the two.
ok well i didn't know that....well right now i just have it sitting in the corner so i don't think that the bubbles are dissolving before they hit the surface...so i will put them under the intake and hopefully that will make it better.

thanks CAF.