PDA

View Full Version : My Red devil spawning

Ocellatus
11-10-2007, 11:10 PM
well after so many tries at last i succeeded to make them love each other :D that was hard!
then after 2 days they have spawned todays. but theres a problem! male didn't do anything! just behaved like an idiot! no sperm i believe. even i doubt its a male! he was thinking the eggs are some foods inside the flower pot! each time female let him go inside to fertilize the eggs he started to eat them and female forced him out.

some pics of her during spawning.

Incredulous_Ed
11-11-2007, 12:56 AM
cool! hope that the male actually did fetilize them when you weren't lookig so you will hae some fry.

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Awesome!!

I hope you just have an inexperienced male and not another female!!

Ocellatus
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
they ate the eggs in less than 36 hours.
seems they need more experience.

Ocellatus
12-01-2007, 01:00 PM
they started to fight again! i don't know whats wrong with this kind of fish! they pair off a day then fight another day!
female was beating the male to the death. male is in a bad condition, so much stress, many injuries, fungus attack ...

hes in the quarantine from yesterday with "fungi stop" treatment. i think he makes it. they are strong fish. but their wildness makes me mad!

when 2 oscars paired off they will remain in absolute peace for their entire life, you enjoy watching them swim beside each other and lots of emotions in their eyes!! but what about this crazy fish! it means the DEVIL!

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2007, 03:13 PM
LOL "He" really doesn't sound like a male doing that. Even if they aren't ready they will do the practice shots.

She was probably nervous by "his" behavior so ate the eggs before he could get them. Sounds more like two females? Did you see the breeding tubes?

squirt_12
12-01-2007, 03:22 PM
sorry to hear about that.....yeah it looks like he got beat up badly....hope he gets better.

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2007, 03:33 PM
He's very pretty. Hardly sees fair when the nice fish is the one who pays the penalty, gets moved into a smaller tank and left segregated, does it? Maybe you could put a divider in his original tank.

Ocellatus
12-01-2007, 04:37 PM
yeah i've used divider many times but it was about 3 weeks that they stayed with each other without any problem but yesterday they broke up.

now i have to treat him in another tank because the "fungi stop" treatment will destroy the cycle. when he got better i bring him back to the tank and use divider.

well IMO the pretty one is the female! she has more color and nice long up and down fins.
male one is very picky on feeding and the only thing i like about him is his bump on the head. you see no bump in previous pic because the bump goes down fast in some situations such as stress. he was growing his bump well recently :(

after all i'm still not 100% sure that hes a male! i've seen its breeding tube but i have no idea. i show you the pics, hope someone could determine it!
it seemed the female accepted him as a male! certainly she can realize better than us! but i don't know!

Lady Hobbs
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Gez......they look the same to me.

Ocellatus
12-03-2007, 09:45 AM
well hes in a really bad shape ...
hope gets better soon.

Ocellatus
12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
1 week later,
well he made it. passed a really hard injury. its healed now. but hes so stressful yet, hiding somewhere all the time, no feeding for 1 week. but hes gonna be ok.