PDA

View Full Version : Gonna try my hand at spawning red texas...

2manyfish
11-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I got a male texas cichlid today!! I'm going to try to breed him and my blood parrot and see if I can get any red texas cichlids out of them!
Right now Tex (original name huh?) all 7" of him is living in a little 20g as Pinky my BP is already in spawning mode and I cannot put my hand in her tank! When the eggs are gone in about a week then I will remove the rhino pleco and the red-tailed black shark from her tank, do some major rearranging and add that male texas. I have a divider that I will have on hand in case things don't go well.....
The pleco and RTBS will have to live in that 20g for awhile which should be fine as the pleco is only about 4" right now.

We are going to be moving in 6 months or so. If these two get along well then I have convinced my hubby that a 125g will be needed for the pair. IF they don't get along then another 75g for just the texas will probably be what I end up with.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

2manyfish
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
OOPPSS!! I put this in the wrong forum! Could somebody move this to the Central American cichlid forum? :help:

squirt_12
11-10-2007, 10:51 PM
cool...i think that those 2 would be a nice mix together. Good luck with them :thumb:

Tolley
11-10-2007, 10:52 PM
good plan mate hope it all goes well!

2manyfish
11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
How can you not love a fish that looks like this???

(Important: these are not my fish or my pics. One is from oscarfish.com and the other from monsterfishkeeper.com. I do not know who owns these fish just that they are gorgeous!!)

Tolley
11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
wow the one on the right soo cool!

can we see a pic of your new one ?? :sbiggrin: :sbiggrin: :sbiggrin:

Incredulous_Ed
11-11-2007, 12:57 AM
very cool. Hope you can actualy get little babies!

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 02:22 AM
I have to thank you Tolley!! :luxlove:
I wasn't going to take pics of the new fish just yet. I just got him home today. He's a bit ragged from the LFS because he was sharing a tank with a jack dempsey and this fish was beating the texas up. His coloring isn't so good either. So I wasn't going to take any pics yet. But since you asked I figured 'oh what the heck' and while trying to take some pics and having my glasses on I noticed a strange little bump on him.....and he has ich! So thanks to you Tolley he is being treated right now instead of tomorrow or possibly a day or two away!!

So here is a couple of not so good pictures of the new texas....

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 02:25 AM
And this is a pic of his potential mate...

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 02:27 AM
wow...they are very nice....the second one has ALOT of nice colour to it.

which is the male and which is the female??

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 02:34 AM
The pic of the grayish fish is the texas cichlid which is a male. The red fish is my blood parrot and she's a she!

If you are talking about the 2 red spotted fish in the earlier post I have no idea if those are male or female! :ezpi_wink1:

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 02:35 AM
no i was tlaking about yours....they should turn out very nice.....the fry. lol.

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 02:41 AM
I hope so! thumbs2:

Tolley
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
wow! its a good job you spotted that ! :sbiggrin:

they are both lovely fish and you don't want to lose them! :l28:

p.s thanks for the gift :shappy:

2manyfish
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
You're welcome Tolley! :c12:

I just realised that I told everyone the wrong site for that one picture of a red texas. That pic is from cichlid-forum.com and the owner is Natalie. Here is another pic of her fish this one is about a month later...and HE (supposedly) is getting better looking!!

squirt_12
11-11-2007, 05:12 PM
You're welcome Tolley! :c12:

I just realised that I told everyone the wrong site for that one picture of a red texas. That pic is from cichlid-forum.com and the owner is Natalie. Here is another pic of her fish this one is about a month later...and HE (supposedly) is getting better looking!!
i myself like the darker red colour alot better....that pic is nice..don't get me wrong...but the darker red is more appealing. IMO.