PDA

View Full Version : Arrowana Spining round ND ROUND

sasanka
06-03-2014, 05:10 PM
My arowana is showing a very queer behaviour. It is spininig round and round at the same place for the last 2-3 hours. It looks like it is ina great discomfort. Occassionally it is just floating lifeless. Plzzz help me I am scared. Is my arowwana dying ? For GOD sake plzz help me soon

Compass
06-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. You will probably get more responses to your question if you post here : http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

With that said, How big is your tank and how big is your arrowana? What are your water parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate? Please be specific.

Sandz
06-03-2014, 05:38 PM
When in doubt, do a water change first... Second, give us the full spectrum of the issue.

Tanks Size:
Water Temp:
Amonia Levels:
Nitrite Level:
Nitrate Level:
Age of the tank:
Any other significant info that I missed im sure would be covered by others.

Slaphppy7
06-03-2014, 05:42 PM
How long have you had the fish?...what other fish are kept with it?

Aeonflame
06-03-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm betting the fish is either in a new and uncycled tank, or an undersized tank with inadequate filtration, and infrequent water changes. It is now dying of ammonia or nitrate poisoning. Chances are its too late to save it.
Tank size?... 10 gallon? 20?

talldutchie
06-03-2014, 08:08 PM
And I'm raising that with a suspicion that the demand for water parameters will have scared sasanka away. :sad:

Slaphppy7
06-03-2014, 08:10 PM
And I'm raising that with a suspicion that the demand for water parameters will have scared sasanka away. :sad:

A distinct possibility, this is.

Aeonflame
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I apologize for my educated speculation, but I have seen this countless times before. It has been my experience on this forum that arowanas are abundant in Indian petstores, but tanks larger than 20 gallons aren't. I am afraid that these two paradigms will and should never mix.

Sandz
06-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Glad to know im scaring members away by asking for deeper facts about the situation. Maybe write up a personally approved response for those who try to help and get it stickied like somewhere like SimplyDiscus does and we can all copy paste it when someone posts something similar. :help:

Aeonflame
06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Dont worry about it. Apparently test kits are almost impossible to find there anyway.

talldutchie
06-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Yeah... sooner or later anything short of a "just add this magic potion" will scare a certain type of poster away. Anyway, we could be wrong of course.

@aeon. i've been told that you can get Sera test kits in more and more shops now. Not the easiest to use but pretty accurate and with a long shelf life.

Sandz
06-03-2014, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=talldutchie;1237503]Yeah... sooner or later anything short of a "just add this magic potion" will scare a certain type of poster away. Anyway, we could be wrong of course.QUOTE]

If we have to tend to people with that mindset, we might as well not try to help at all. I much rather post asking deeper questions and those who come back and talk to us can be further assisted. Even if the answer is IDK.