PDA

View Full Version : One Dojo, no dojo, 2 dojo, one dojo, three...

Rue
11-10-2007, 08:58 PM
LOL...the title says it all...

I did a BIG clean of the 55g tank today...took apart those horrendous Emperor filters...and guess what???

My original Dojo was in one of them...and the new Dojo was in the other...

I don't know how the original Dojo survived...hardly any swimming space and no official food...it's been at least a month since he went MIA...and I had a heck of a time fishing them out of their rescpective filters too...first they were in the big compartment and then they shimmied into the tiny square compartment with the impeller in it...my hand hardly even fits in their...but I managed to pull them out...

So I had one Dojo...

Then no Dojos...

Then I bought 2 new Dojos earlier this week...

One new Dojo went missing the following day...

And today ALL 3 are accounted for...and I hope...all will do well...thumbs2:

gm72
11-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Great! Glad you found them! I had terrible luck, as did multiple other customers, with the dojos I got from Petco. Bad stock, I guess. They no longer carry them because of the complaints.

Rue
11-10-2007, 10:21 PM
My first one came from Petsmart and the other 2 from Walmart - as did the 3 bumblebee catfish (whose spp. I still can't determine for certain, but I'm working' on it)...

Did you keep your dojo cold enough? I think they do poorly in heated tanks...

gm72
11-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Kept them at about 68-70 degrees.

Rue
11-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Sounds just right!

...but sometimes 'stuff' just happens too...I've always attributed it to 'bad fish'...but in the back of my mind I keep wondering what I did wrong...

Did I mention both my baby clowns died? :confused: Everything else is in the SW tank is fine and flourishing...even the blue shrimp is doing fine and has moulted at least once...

gm72
11-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate when random illness/death occurs. These dojos were doing so well for about 3 weeks. Zero signs of stress or illness, ideal water conditions, and BAM! Dead.

Azear
11-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Rue, I guess my idea to check out the filter was right ^_^... happy to hear that one survived in there...

But, People might start throwing rocks at me :14: but I keep my 2 dojo in my community tank (which is warm water at ~75F)... I know... I shouldn't... but I don't want them to be in the little 10G alone... and they are doing pretty fine (they eat alot and are pretty active... one is almost never hiding and the other one burry once in a while in the crushed coral... ) they seems happy ^_^

Rue
11-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Yes, it was a good idea!

Mind you, I had checked out the filters right off the bet...and my daughter checked them out too...

...but what we didn't do was take them totally apart...I didn't think a rather large fish could exist in such a cramped space!

At any rate...my Dojos and I thank you!thumbs2:

Azear
11-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Yes, it was a good idea!

Mind you, I had checked out the filters right off the bet...and my daughter checked them out too...

...but what we didn't do was take them totally apart...I didn't think a rather large fish could exist in such a cramped space!

At any rate...my Dojos and I thank you!thumbs2:

Cheers ! :19: :19: