PDA

View Full Version : Gibert and Katarina.

MagickFish
07-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I just want to tell a tale of one of the nisest aquarium related things I have ever experienced. I have angiety and when 14 years old, I tried to go be in a youth psycriatic treatment place to see if somthing cold be done aboute it, being an animal lover it was hard to be two months whitout my pets, so I was loved to get a goldfish bowl and a fish. The fish I chose was a slim, beautiful golfish they belived was a male, I called him Gilbert. Now Gilbert refused to eat, he just sort of sat in the bowl doing nothing, he looked realy sick and I feared he would die. But then I rememberd he used to swim together whit another goldfish and ugly orange thing, so we went back to the zoo shop and bouth her to, and the moment Katarina was relsed in the bowl, Gilbert light up and started eating.

The two fish were always together and they were inteligent and wery fond of pepole, coming to the glass or the surface to nibble ones fingers. They grew and eventyaly as my treatment was over and I went home had to be tranfered to my bigger aquarium and they were always so cute together. I eventualy had to sell them for they grew to big and the zoo shop I sold them to said they were resold the next day becouse they were so healthy and good looking fish. I hope they were sold together, for I think they belonged together, and I hope they are still alive, though I guess after 10 years the chances are slim.

I will never forget those two fish I belive, and they are an exmaple for me that even fish have emotions.

William
07-23-2006, 08:18 PM
nice story.

Goldfish can live to be 50 years if they get good care (35 years more common) so they could very well be alive and hopefully together.

MagickFish
07-23-2006, 10:09 PM
I did not know they could live that long. They are real goldfish not the fancy tail type and they looked quite healthy. I hope they are together and hope they are alive for they are such a wonderful pair of fish.