PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of the camera

rebecca_finny
05-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Hello everyone :)

This started when I was trying to take pictures for a biology project. I had my Fujifilm camera out and ready to go. Well, I had the perfect picture of my marble angelfish and so I snapped it. The thing is, I didn't realize the flash would go off until it was too late. RIGHT close up in his eye. I must have really spooked him because he darted around for a minute until he calmed down. I made sure his eyesight was okay, then left them alone for a bit. Before this, he would stay and check out my camera, not really moving around much. Now, he gets upset and swims around quickly so I can't get a good picture (my shutter speed on both phones&camera is extremely slow). The other angelfish don't mind pictures, and I have tried feeding them while taking pictures so he would learn to tolerate the camera. Well, months later, and he still gets miffed at me when the camera is out. :hammer2:

Do you have any suggestions?

This is what I end up with:

(more often than not. I've come to the conclusion that he does this on purpose!)

...and:

Thank you!

aquariumlover10
05-14-2014, 02:29 PM
You could try taking pics at feeding time or using a timer to take them when your not in the room.

Compass
05-14-2014, 02:45 PM
I have a Gourami that i the same way. Well I take that back, she's a big fat coward all the time!! I can't even walk in the room without her hiding. I think that is a good suggestion from aquariumlover. About setting up the camera and leaving the room. Instead of relying on a timer, maybe just leave it there for a few days, if he gets used to it being there you might be able to take his picture without him knowing. bwahahaha

rebecca_finny
05-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Oooo sounds like a good idea. I'll try :D thanks

Plecos
09-17-2014, 11:15 PM
Try to disable the flash once. You need more light but Photo Shop can brighten it up. My problem is reflections off the glass even taken on a angle. Floaters and bubbles are another one stuff you can't see till you look at the picture.