PDA

View Full Version : How to 'Recommend Award'?

pRED
03-03-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd like to recommend an award to a worthy user.
Yet when trying any of the recommend award links,
I continue to get this error message.......

"pRED, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I'm wondering if they jus no longer work, I've not been a member long enough or I have not earned enough rep???

mommy1
03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
The first section of awards, the "of the month" awards, are earned by members votes in the competition threads. You only recommend a MOTM in the nomination thread, the rest of the "of the month" awards you enter a picture from the the threads that Cliff starts at the beginning of each month.

The next two sections, the excellent photo skill and achievement awards, are awards only William gives out. I suppose if you think someone deserves these you could pm William, but it is his choice whether or not someone deserves these.

The rest of awards can be requested or recommended by using the links on the right in each section. They are the only ones that can be requested or recommended at the moment.

pRED
03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
The first section of awards, the "of the month" awards, are earned by members votes in the competition threads. You only recommend a MOTM in the nomination thread, the rest of the "of the month" awards you enter a picture from the the threads that Cliff starts at the beginning of each month.
:) This was clear as rain, but thanks.

The next two sections, the excellent photo skill and achievement awards, are awards only William gives out. I suppose if you think someone deserves these you could pm William, but it is his choice whether or not someone deserves these.
Yes. It is the Bronze achievement award that interested me. I will send William a pm perhaps, but the recommend link does not work there.

The rest of awards can be requested or recommended by using the links on the right in each section. They are the only ones that can be requested or recommended at the moment.

The recommend link doesn't work on those also, hence from OP, "when trying any of the recommend award links,
I continue to get this error message......"

I am using a Mac OS X 10.6.8 on Firefox 21.0 if this helps, William.

Trillianne
03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
If its for something you have achieved, then use the request award link.

Cliff
03-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Which award are you trying to request ?

pRED
03-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Which award are you trying to request ?

Not once have I used the word "request" in my above posts..?
I wanted to "recommend" the Bronze Achievement (#3). mommy 1 cleared that up by saying William gives these out....yet there is a 'recommend award' link that does not only work there (for me), but NONE of them work.
I get the error message posted above. Sorry if I'm not being clear enough.

Cliff
03-04-2014, 12:25 AM
OK, now I understand

Sounds like something is not working right

Perhaps you could send William a PM just in case he doesn't see this thread. He would have to look into this one.

pRED
03-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks Cliff.
To suffice, I sent a 'award recommendation' PM to you and William both.

In the meantime, it would be helpful to know if others are experiencing the same, and/or can duplicate the issue (with the 'Recommend Award' links on the Award tab atop the forum).

Cliff
03-04-2014, 12:39 AM
I tried to recreate the error but could not. I have been getting (and processing) a few award requests each week so I can not offer much help.

William, I hope this info can help you narrow down what could be going on here.

Slaphppy7
03-04-2014, 12:44 AM
I find the "Award" section a bit confusing, too. Any award with "Recommend" next to it gives me the same error message as pRED, if I choose to "Recommend"....in the top section

The awards with both "Recommend" and "Request" will work to a degree, if I choose the "Request" (award) for whatever purpose

Another member told me I should "Request" a ribbon for an achievement I made on the forum, and it took a little while (for me) to figure out what it meant, and how to do it.

I think the awards section could use a bit of improvement, user-friendly wise

Just my 2 cents :ssmile:

EDIT: When I click on "Awards", the first thread on the page is a "MOTM 2009"...with a "Recommend" button to the right...why would anyone rec that thread?...or any of many of the following threads?

Seems like the first section of the "Awards" tab should not have a working "Rec..." link.

pRED
03-04-2014, 12:58 AM
I agree with Slaphppy. There are some other issues that need 'cleaning-up' also.