PDA

View Full Version : Make up water and water changes

00Geno
03-03-2014, 10:45 AM
The first question I would like to ask is,, should I always use an air stone & small circulation pump in my 55gal rubber maid container holding new water for water changes? The second question is should I run some type of filtration in my 55gal container for new water? I do use a RO/DI unit for making new water.. The third and final question is, even though I use a RO/DI unit for making my salt water, should I still add a water conditioner like Prime or AmQuel? Any help on this would be so greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Cliff
03-03-2014, 12:37 PM
A few suggestions below for your questions

1. An air stone and pump are pretty good ideas. I would suggest to keep using them. That is what I do for my newly made salt water waiting to be used
2. No need for filtration on the newly made salt water.
3. You do not need to use any type of conditioner as long as you are using pure water from a RO unit. I have never used any type of conditioner with my RO water.

00Geno
03-03-2014, 01:39 PM
A few suggestions below for your questions

1. An air stone and pump are pretty good ideas. I would suggest to keep using them. That is what I do for my newly made salt water waiting to be used
2. No need for filtration on the newly made salt water.
3. You do not need to use any type of conditioner as long as you are using pure water from a RO unit. I have never used any type of conditioner with my RO water.

Cliff thanks so much for this advise.. I just spent $50 dollars on a liter of Prime water conditioner, so I'm happy to know afters its gone I don't need to buy anymore, I can use that money to buy the filters for my RO/DI unit! Thanks again Cliff!!

00Geno
03-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks Cliff