PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible ?

Elliriyanna
02-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Is it possible for a convict to get lonely? I have a 2 inch male in a tank by himself and he honestly seems bored and lonely, Don't tell me I am anthropomorphizing, We all know animals have feelings to an extent. whether he is truly feeling " lonely" or just unfamiliar with not sharing his space with his own kind it really does not matter.

Should I worry? Should I do anything?

madagascariensis
02-24-2014, 11:15 PM
i do not believe that cichlids can be lonely the way we feel, but they can certainly be under stimulated.
if your fish is a single fish in a sparse tank without any other animals, it could certainly be "bored".

Elliriyanna
02-24-2014, 11:37 PM
He has terra cotta pots and I need to get him some plants, But he seems to be looking for something.

bhupeshkhanna
02-26-2014, 10:15 AM
without Anthropomorphizing , fish need stimulus. So, if in a tank there is another fish that looks like them and a compatible specie , it makes them move around more, getting more exercise and helping them stay lively.

Or I would just provide a big enough environment that is interesting and stimulating to the fish. A sandy substrate with rocks, roots, and pieces of driftwood will make your Convict feel at home.