PDA

View Full Version : wanted: dumbo betta

eicg
02-24-2014, 05:43 AM
Hey I just started breeding bettas. I would really love a dumbo male and female for breeding, but the places that carry them on the internet charge a lot like $15 for a female and $20 For a male and i would not like to pay that much for bettas and another $34 for shipping. So if any of you have a nice dumbo betta or pair or know someone who does i would really love them. And i will and do take great care of my betta. I am also intrested in spaded tail betta and rose tail betta and hope to create a new type of betta. Thank you so much for your help.

bethyMT
02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
I do hope someone has a pair for you. Unfortunately, you can honestly expect to pay that much, or more, for a good pair of breeders - and the best breeders come from Asia. If you don't have any luck here or elsewhere, I'd encourage you to go for it and invest. A good pair is worth the money if only for strong genetic stock to start the hybridizing process. Good luck!

If you are a new breeder, I think strong stock is also good to start learning the genetics of what you're working with. Of course, I am no breeder. But this is how many breeders I know begin.