PDA

View Full Version : Rotala and hygrophila - free to good home, only pay shipping

bethyMT
01-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone.

First off, please move this ad if it is in the wrong place...I have no idea what I'm doing. Preemptive apologies if that is the case.

I have an abundance of rotala indica and magenta that I'd like to give away. I also have a few stems of hygrophila - both broad leaf and narrow, that I will just be throwing out. So, if anyone would like a bunch (approx. 8 stems, maybe more) of 5" rotala mixed stems and a couple of 5" hygrophila mixed stems, I have some for you.

I am asking for $5.00 USD to cover shipping, and I will only mail it to US addresses. Shipping will be priority with 36 hr heat pack, and won't be shipped until the weather stops being so darn cold (so end of next week).

All of these plants have been grown in my 55gal with a meager bit of CO2 and high light. Tank does not have any algae problems and no nuisance snails except for the odd MTS, which is not really a nuisance and I hardly see them anyway. So I can say with confidence these plants are reasonably clean. All of these stems will root in substrate, and will grow in med. to high light with iron containing fert supplements. Color will not be as nice in medium light...expect light green in those tanks. In high light the rotala is a lovely chartreuse/varying shades of pink, and the broad leaf hygrophila has reddish undersides to the leaves.

Because they are essentially free, I can't offer refunds, but I will work with a buyer if there is a problem.

I accept paypal. Please let me know if you are interested via PM or here. Thank you!

KevinVA
02-07-2014, 07:18 PM
BTW, everyone, just wanted to let you know that I'm the guy that took Beth up on her offer, which was an awesome offer. The plants all arrived in great shape (she's a pro packager) and she even threw in a couple of extras. They look wonderful in the tank and I'm just waiting for them to take off. =]